Portfolio Management Associate
We are a sophisticated and busy financial advisory practice located in Fairfax, VA, that strives to provide our clients with well informed, thoughtful, intelligent advice while developing close, personal relationships with each of them. The position will provide in-depth experience in complex, high-net-worth investment management, multi-family office services, and institutional and retail portfolio management.
We are a small office in which we respect and care about our team as much as we do our clients. We maintain the highest standards of ethics, integrity and intellectual rigor, and are constantly striving to improve the advice and service we provide to our clients.
Applicant must be process and detail oriented with the ability to work independently and as a part of a small, interactive office environment. Qualified candidates will be process and detail oriented, flexible, and interested in learning both job skills and academic underpinnings of the financial markets. They must possess very strong Excel skills, analytical and quantitative aptitude, and a comfort with data management. This position has a strong emphasis on managing software and interrelated databases and requires a keen eye for detail and process management.
This position offers a rare opportunity to learn the mechanics, theory and practice details of the investment advisory industry along with valuable experience in a variety of aspects of financial planning and investment management.
Assuming applicant demonstrates aptitude, intelligence, detail orientation, a strong work ethic and a focus on client service, additional responsibilities for client interaction may gradually be transitioned to this role.
The position offers the opportunity for the following vocational education and job skills:
Investment Portfolio Management
- Portfolio application and rebalancing
- Managing and maintaining portfolio rebalancing and trade management software
- Analysis of tax implications of portfolio decisions
- Application of asset location decisions
- Tax loss harvesting
- Portfolio trading
- Management of periodic investment and withdrawal requirements
- Periodic trading of quantitative investment strategies
Individual Investment Review
- Apply portfolio models to client portfolios
- Analysis of existing investments based on a variety of investment performance metrics, to include historical performance, risk management, manager skill, style consistency, internal expenses, etc.
- Asset allocation analysis and rebalancing
- Pinpoint areas of strength and weakness in existing asset allocations
- Generate client-facing proposals and reports.
Quarterly and Annual Performance Reporting
- Managing portfolio reporting software
- Generating routine investment reports
- Portfolio benchmarking
- Risk/return analysis
- Manager performance analysis
- Monitoring portfolio performance vs client goals
- Integration of portfolio performance with clients’ long-range financial planning.
Apply for Portfolio Management Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly