Experienced Financial Advisor
Senior Financial Advisor
WHO WE ARE
Christopher Street Financial is a community-focused, progressive wealth management and financial planning firm based in New York City. We are a fee-based practice with nearly $700 million under management.
Since 1981, we have served the comprehensive financial needs of the LGBTQ community and those who share our values of equality, inclusiveness, and social responsibility.
We build life-long client partnerships by discovering each individual’s vision for their future. We design life plans and investment strategies to support their personal financial needs. Simply put, we help our clients live their best lives.
We feel passionately about helping our clients, the community, and one another. We value collaboration, optimism, communication, and respect for each team member’s unique abilities.
A Senior Financial Advisor at Christopher Street Financial (CSF) manages and cares for existing clients, nurtures new relationships, defines client strategy, and leads the client relationship team. The position requires a strong understanding of financial concepts as well as proven analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining strategic oversight of client relationships, serving as a trusted advisor
- Leading client meetings, delivering presentations, clearly articulating complex concepts, thoughtfully answering questions, and overseeing meeting follow up
- Leading business development strategy – attracting new clients to the firm and establishing new relationships
- Promoting and cultivating awareness of CSF’s mission and vision among referral sources and the community
- Identifying opportunities to provide additional service, advice, and asset management with existing clients
- Developing a deep, personal understanding of a client’s situation, values, needs, and objectives
- Designing, communicating, and overseeing the implementation of financial plans for various scenarios, including retirement, college, divorce, and estate planning
- Utilizing various analytical tools and software to provide each client with their optimal plan
- Creating custom spreadsheets and financial models to support sound decision making and problem solving
- Managing and supporting client workflows, collecting CRM data, and documenting client activities and communications
- Structuring client investment strategies
- Providing tactical recommendations such as tax loss harvesting and cash management
- Serving as a member of CSF’s Investment Committee, researching investment managers, products, services, pricing, and performance
Management and Supervision
- Leading a collaborative culture that energizes, empowers, and inspires through modeling behavior
- Setting Advisor Team priorities, allocating resources, delegating tasks, and providing opportunities for growth while assuming ultimate accountability
- Overseeing training and mentoring of Advisor Team, recognizing and addressing areas for development
- Collaborating with CSF’s Leadership Team to make strategic planning and firm decisions to help achieve the company’s objectives
- Participating in critical management and service decisions, such as technology review, vendor evaluation, and process design
At Christopher Street Financial, successful Advisors possess the following attributes:
- They are deeply service-oriented and experience true empathy for clients.
- They understand that client satisfaction is key to CSF’s success.
- They know that integrity is at the core of the financial advisory industry.
- They maintain an always-current insight into the financial industry and financial planning best practices.
- They have the initiative to bring insights to the team and the ability to implement best practices.
- They work well in a team and enjoy achieving success with others.
- They efficiently manage multiple team and personal assignments with deadlines.
- They take thoughtful, decisive actions and accept full ownership and accountability.
- They are able to adapt their communication style in order to create meaningful connections with diverse clients and co-workers.
- They possess a desire and ability to effectively mentor and train CSF colleagues.
- They are good-natured, happy, and engaged in what they do.
- They enjoy working hard in an atmosphere where collegiality, respect, and a balance between work and personal time are valued.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- CFP® designation required and additional designations (e.g. CIMA, CFA) preferred
- 7+ years of employment in the financial services industry
- Proficient computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Christopher Street Financial offers competitive base salary commensurate with experience and New York City position benchmarks and an annual bonus based on Individual and firm-wide performance. We offer a career track for all positions with opportunity for increasing responsibility and reward. We aspire to create a great balance between each team member’s work and personal expression.
We have very competitive and meaningful benefits. Specifically, our package includes:
- Paid Time Off – Starting at four weeks
- Health Insurance – 100% employer-paid base option with seven upgrade options
- Paid Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) options with 4% employer match
- Flexible work location
- Personal Wellness Reimbursement
- Charitable Giving Matching
- Adoption and Paid Parental Leave benefits
- FSA/HSA, pre-tax commuting, and additional voluntary benefits
CSF is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone on our team.
Apply for Experienced Financial Advisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly