Senior Associate Private Client Advisor
As a Sr. Associate Private Client Advisor of SPCIA, you will play an integral role to the success of Schwab Private Client. You will be responsible for servicing, deepening and retaining client relationships through supporting a team of Schwab Private Client Advisors. You will be leveraging your client facing experience by providing solutions to complex client service issues, financial planning and foundational portfolio needs. As this role is client facing in an organization that provides clients’ financial planning and wealth management, it is critical that the Senior Associate Private Client Advisor demonstrate professionalism and expertise by responding to foundational questions about the portfolio, financial planning, and overall financial markets/economy.
What you are good at
• Customer Orientation – Demonstrating the ability to build and foster strong client relationships through servicing high net worth client households; Providing foundational investment advice and guidance; Onboarding new client enrollments and familiarize them with the Schwab Private Client experience; Assisting clients in navigating and understanding Schwab’s website, proprietary investing tools, portfolio performance data and third-party research
• Diagnostic Information Gathering – Assisting with ongoing portfolio maintenance/construction or adjustment to allow for large deposits or liquidations; Updating/initiating a client’s financial plan based on changing client needs
• Oral Communication – Demonstrating strong and concise verbal communication with clients, team members and business partners; demonstrating strong trading accuracy with minimal errors; Helping to execute on the client segmentation communication strategy
• Initiative - Performing proactive client touchpoints to foster relationship and add value; Proactively utilizing available technology, tools and partners to support efficient and effective time management;
• Interpersonal Effectiveness – Ability to connect with others in a way that fosters trust and creates collaborative relationships; collaborating to achieve efficient and effective practice management within a team-based environment
What you have
Essential skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong preference for Schwab Private Client experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in the financial services industry
- Active FINRA Series 7 required
- Active FINRA Series 66 required (Series 66 may be obtained within the first 120 days)
- General understanding of brokerage regulations and rules that govern client accounts
- Experience with portfolio construction and financial planning preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team, while handling multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Must be able to develop and maintain good cross departmental working relationships
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.