Managing Director, Schwab Private Client
3 days left
- CFP® Certification
The Planning & Portfolio Group helps clients achieve their financial goals through proactive wealth management solutions founded on a financial plan and utilizing a meticulous investment methodology. We support four critical businesses including Schwab Private Client, Schwab Intelligent Advisory, Wealth Strategies Group and Portfolio Solutions Group. The Schwab Private Client Managing Director role will be critical to the democratization of our modern wealth management offers while driving scale and making it easy to do business with Schwab and deepening client relationships. The Managing Director will report to the Vice President of Planning & Portfolio Group.
What you are good at
- As a senior leader, you have strong organizational and people leadership capabilities combined with technical breadth and depth that allows you to see the big picture, connect dots, and align cross-functional teams optimally to deliver on business metrics.
- You build robust leadership teams through mentoring, coaching and developing on topics such as practice management, wealth management, and relationship management skill sets as well as behavioral skills including influencing, communications, and change management.
- You have an ability to understand, develop, and communicate strategy to senior business leadership. You are results oriented and proactively resolve issues and risks while operating with integrity and transparency.
- Effectively engage with partners across the firm to explain the value proposition of Schwab Private Client and Schwab Intelligent Advisory and gain agreement on the best way to work together to achieve the right outcomes.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships within multiple areas of Schwab, creating an environment where your team is balancing business development and business operations to maximize efficiency, productivity and scale.
- Proactively represent the needs and perspectives of the Planning & Portfolio Group and communicates with leaders to provide updates and support for their organizations.
- Understand the foreseeable needs of the business and develop plans to effectively execute on priorities.
- Provide input and recommendations on deployment strategies, ensuring the business needs are elevated and solutions to support those needs are implemented.
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Series 7, 66, 9/10 required
- Series 9/10 (may consider Condition of Employment for 120 days)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification required (may consider Condition of Employment for 18 months)
- Minimum of 7 years in the securities or financial services industry with experience leading people leaders, preferably focused on business development
- Proven track record to influence, engage and build consensus with executives, peers and front line employees
- Recognized leader with a proven track record of high performance
- Demonstrated success with leading and coaching people leaders
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, as well as keen attention to detail
- Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills
- Holds self and others accountable to the highest standards of teamwork, collaboration, and delivering results
- Strong time management and organization skills required to handle multiple projects and responsibilities
- Highly comfortable with ambiguity and effective in leading change
- Strong discernment, including knowledge and understanding of the Branch Network, Client Service & Support and Investor Development Team
- Ability to travel to multiple site offices across the country (25-30% of time)
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.