Paragon Capital Management is a fee-only financial planning and investment management firm located in downtown Denver. Paragon has served senior corporate executives and wealthy families since 1990 and manages over $1 billion of assets spanning 150 client relationships.
We are looking for an individual who will support our senior managers and eventually become a client-facing financial advisor/wealth manager. The ideal candidate is someone looking to gain experience and advanced knowledge of equity and fixed income analysis, asset allocation, portfolio construction, income and estate tax planning, and investment products and themes. We are looking for someone who is smart, hard-working, curious, analytical, self-motivated, ethical and aspires to eventually work with clients.
- Support the creation of financial plans, based on client's goals and financial circumstances that address questions as when one can retire with financial security.
- Review client's current investments and objectives. Provide the client with a picture of his/her current portfolio composition. Develop customized presentation materials and manage performance measurements. Create an investment policy statement and a custom portfolio within the firm's guidelines.
- Assist in managing individual client portfolios including allocation across various asset classes and security selection.
- Utilize financial planning tools to analyze complex financial information.
- Evaluate new procedures, products and portfolio enhancements to the financial planning process and service model employed by our firm.
- Establish and cultivate a strong relationship with the firm's senior managers where the candidate is trusted to co-manage and eventually take over client responsibilities.
- Originate and recommend new investments by conducting in-depth, fundamental research as well as maintain research on existing investments.
- Communicate investment research via written reports, informal discussions, and presentations.
Education and/or Experience
- High grade point average at an undergraduate university.
- CFA and/or CFP designations, or at least progress towards them.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to perform duties independently.
- Team player working to help the senior staff and eventually individual clients.
- Strong skills with Microsoft suite of products especially Excel. Bloomberg terminal experience a plus.
- High sense of responsibility, personal engagement/initiative, proactive, person of integrity.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, organized, self-starter able to prioritize and take initiative.
- Maintain a “Client-first attitude”.
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes salary plus incentive based on experience and industry standards, plus the opportunity for equity ownership.
Generous benefits include: Fully Paid Medical Plan, Profit Sharing Plan, tuition reimbursement to a Financial Planning Program and Exam Fee, renewal of CFA/CFP designations, public transportation passes.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Apply for Analyst/Wealth Advisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly