Sagemark Consulting / Lincoln Financial Advisors is a national planning firm, consisting of many small, independent financial advisory practices. Our practice exists as an independent, family business, with the support and backbone of a larger firm. Our team’s clients are successful business owners, corporate executives, and higher-net-worth families and individuals. The practice has existed for nearly 40 years, includes a 2nd generation, and has tripled in size in the last few years.
Not only does our Financial Planning team perform ongoing planning, but we manage investment accounts, insurances, company 401(k) plans, and other financial products for our clients.
As our practice has been growing, we need the support of a full-time (40 hours) paraplanner, in order to continue operating as a professional, fast-paced, high-quality service team. The goal is for both you and the practice manager, to together handle almost all client service requests, meeting preparation, document creation and processing… to assist the Financial Planners before, during, and after meetings with clients.
At a high level, this position will entail handling duties to take care of our clients, assuring our team is ready for client meetings with the proper documents, and overall keeping clients pleased with our team’s services.
• Solid written and oral communicator
• Willing to learn
• Positive, “can-do” attitude
Initial Paraplanner Responsibilities
• For new clients, assist in organizing and analyzing new client data— investment statements, insurance policies, and other financial statements
• For new clients, attend the “data meeting” with client to note all new data regarding client’s financial situation
• In cooperation with our firm’s Planning Department, input this financial data into software, to create financial models reflecting client situation
• Update client financial models as client situation evolves over time
• For new account openings and client transactions, prepare applications and documents with accurate information and specs
• Attend meetings to complete paperwork with clients, obtain signatures, or send for electronic signature and follow up with client thru completion
• Work with Practice Manager to oversee the processing of new accounts, movement of funds at correct times, to complete new multiple-step transactions in an organized manner
• Join client meetings (at least via Zoom), to note follow-up items, data, forms, applications, and details needed to be processed for the client
• Update clients accordingly regarding status of new transactions, and respond to client questions
• Prepare account review booklets for client review meetings
• Print, label, sort presentation documents in preparation of client meetings
• Request new product illustrations, review for accuracy, and prepare these for presentation
• Handle sensitive, confidential, proprietary information with discretion
Potential Future Responsibilities
• Grow into position of “Servicing Advisor,” to assist by quarterbacking new client transactions, planning recommendations, and hold direct independent communication with clients
Develop written recommendations, as part of the client’s financial plan, for advisor to deliver to client
• Determine best-fitting financial products for client situation, for advisor to present to client
• Debrief highlights of client conservations, with Financial Advisor, for potential opportunities and follow-up
Minimum 1 year Financial Services industry experience preferred
Salary, benefits, bonus, and a casual yet professional environment. Position entails working at our office, near Beachwood.
Please e-mail your resume and cover note, including educational background, chronological employment, salary history to:
Jeff Kosek, jeffrey.kosek@LFG.com
Equal Opportunity Employer. Jeffrey Kosek is a registered representative of Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. Securities and investment advisory services offered through Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp., a broker-dealer (member SIPC) and registered investment advisor. Insurance offered through Lincoln affiliates and other fine companies. CRN-3559019-04
Apply for Paraplanner
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly