Brownson, Rehmus & Foxworth, Inc. provides independent, comprehensive financial counseling and investment advice to wealthy families and individuals. Founded in 1969, the firm has over 50 professionals in Chicago, Naples, New York, and Atlanta and manages over $6 billion in assets. We serve as the primary financial advisor for over 400 ultra-high net worth clients and their families.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Chicago Team. The position responsibilities include:
- assembling, analyzing, and developing written presentations to help clients make appropriate financial decisions;
- delivering data analysis from various financial industry software, including custodial platforms, CRM software, and portfolio management software.
- managing data requests and performance reporting;
- monitoring clients’ financial situations with detail and accuracy;
- drafting follow-up correspondence to client meetings;
- assisting team with implementing and executing trade orders and other investment transactions;
- helping to facilitate the onboarding of new clients; and
- participating in committee initiatives and special projects.
The scope of this role is broad and includes: exposure to investments, estate planning, tax strategy, budgeting, retirement planning, charitable giving, etc. as we serve as the “chief financial officer” for our clients thereby responding to a wide range of client financial needs. Attention to detail and a high-level of customer service are essential for this position. Client contact will be modest at first, focusing on information gathering by email and joining client presentations primarily in Chicago as appropriate. A Series 65 is required within 90 days and a Certified Financial Planner® (CFP) designation is expected within 2-4 years for long-term career growth. The position will report to a senior member of the team who will provide mentorship.
The successful candidate should have the following skills:
- Analytical and Problem Solving: Strong analytical and quantitative skills, interest, and aptitude. A solid analytical background combined with excellent computer and software skills are important. An ability to use analysis to develop alternatives that result in a recommendation is critical, demonstrating consistent logic, rationality, and objectivity.
- Attention to Detail and quality work product are required. Ability to produce accurate, thorough, and useful work products.
- Technical Skills/Financial: A basic understanding of finance, accounting and economics is helpful. The ability to learn and grasp a broad range of financial instruments (stocks, bonds, hedge funds, private equity, investment real estate, etc.) is a strong plus.
- Communication: Strong written and oral communication skills are important. It is critical that we listen to our clients and our clients understand our analyses and recommendations.
- Interpersonal: Our work takes place in teams and with sophisticated high net worth clients. The ability to self-start and work efficiently and effectively under pressure and within deadlines are expected. A high degree of confidentiality is required. Maintaining client privacy is essential.
- Teamwork: We constantly work in teams both on client assignments and on firm wide projects. The ability to demonstrate good “team” skills and successful relations with clients and colleagues is required. Intellectual Curiosity: A commitment to continual self-education and a passion to improve and adapt are essential given the breadth of services we provide. Education: Bachelor’s degree required. All majors considered. A financial planning, accounting, business administration, finance or economics major is a plus. A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office/Excel is important. Experience with Tamarac, eMoney, BNA Income Tax Planner, Zephyr StyleAdvisor, and/or Junxure are pluses. Work Experience: 1 – 3 years prior work experience in a related financial services role is preferred but recent college graduates considered as well.
- Values excellence
- Ethical, sound moral character (integrity)
- Customer focus, caring
- Listening skills; strong communication skills
- Quantitative/analytical thinking; comfortable with data and analytical concepts
- Professional demeanor
- Detail orientation
- Process orientation
- Eager to work with complex situations
- Tenacity; self-initiative
- Innovation; creativity
Commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate
Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) and Profit-Sharing plan, Dependent Care and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), medical, dental, and vision, generous PTO, transit program, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.
Interested candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Financial Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly