Kelman-Lazarov is seeking candidates interested in serving as a Financial Advisor/Financial Planner. In this role, you will work directly with our clients to assist them with their wealth management and financial planning needs as part of our Client Services Team. This position is responsible for servicing new and existing clients while supporting Lead Advisors in managing client relationships. This includes data gathering, case design, and financial plan development/implementation. This position will also be expected to work with, supervise, and collaborate with other staff in client service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide objective, unbiased financial advice to a diverse mix of clients by analyzing investment opportunities and client needs.
- Client relationship development and management, including ongoing and regular client meetings and communications.
- Client service, including planning updates, portfolio changes and reviews, returns and new opportunity identification.
- Prepare materials for client meetings; work with other team members to ensure client meetings are prepared for thoroughly and accurately.
- Participate in client meetings; develop meeting notes, coordinate follow-up tasks and discussions with outside professionals.
- Data gathering and preparing drafts of comprehensive financial plans.
- Perform special request analyses for clients.
- Initiate and field client calls on various items and requests (e.g., money movements, account specific questions, general inquiries regarding portfolios).
- Provide support to Lead Advisors in managing client relationships.
- Provide timely and proactive follow-up for client and Lead Advisor needs.
- Keep abreast of current events and market factors.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- College graduate (4-year degree or equivalent). Preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- Experience in a client service role in the investment management or financial advisory industry is desirable.
- Series 65 (or equivalent) or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire date.
- CFP®, CPA or another similar designation, or ability to obtain within an established timeframe is desirable.
- Knowledge of investment management and asset allocation is expected.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage plans and client relationships.
- Solid strategic thinker, creative problem solver and competent decision maker.
- Flexible team player that demonstrates strong attention to detail as well as strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Possesses a passion to help new and existing clients. Enjoys business outreach efforts.
- Continuously exhibits personal integrity and professional initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task efficiently and work independently with minimal required supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in an entrepreneurial, small business environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with various financial planning, CRM, portfolio management and document management software.
- Competitive salary plus bonus program with potential for career advancement.
- Competitive benefits package including employer retirement plan, company-paid health insurance, and H.S.A.
- Paid professional dues and professional development budget.
- Vacation and paid leave programs.
Apply for Financial Advisor/Planner
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly