Director of Financial Planning
We are seeking a motivated Director of Financial Planning to join our rapidly growing wealth management practice in our PCIA corporate office in Overland Park, KS. Prime Capital Investment Advisors, LLC is a financial services firm that truly cares about their clients, advisors, and associates. Our firm inspires people to achieve their life’s ambitions and we are looking for people with the drive, enthusiasm, professionalism, and values we hold so important to be a part of the great PCIA team!
About Prime Capital Investment Advisors
Prime Capital Investment Advisors provides a client-centric team approach to full-service financial planning, including fee-based asset management and wealth management through its Prime Capital Wealth Management brand. Through its Qualified Plan Advisors brand, the firm also provides retirement plan advisory services, as well as plan participant education. PCIA currently has 23 locations throughout the United States, with investment advisor representatives serving clients across the nation. Advisory services offered through Prime Capital Investment Advisors, LLC. (“PCIA”), a Registered Investment Adviser. PCIA doing business as Qualified Plan Advisors (“QPA”) and Prime Capital Wealth Management (“PCWM”). For more information, visit www.pciawealth.com
Objectives: The Director of Financial Planning will be an integral part of our Wealth Management team. A key responsibility will be developing and supporting Prime Capital Investment Advisors’ (PCIA) Financial Planning Initiative. The DFP will incorporate all aspects of the financial planning process to provide client-centric financial solutions and recommendations to respective clients. This individual must possess strong analytical and technical skills, and extensive knowledge of financial planning. The ideal DFP is someone looking to collaborate closely with PCIA financial advisors and also comfortable working independently with clients and prospects.
Our Standards: Our overall standard is to be "industry leading." Our goal is to provide the very best experience in service to our clients and advisors. As such, our Director of Financial Planning must display:
- Professional Expertise
- An ability to quickly form and maintain a positive, productive relationship with advisors and their clients
- An ability to understand client goals & objectives and tailor solutions around them
- Innovation and Creativity
- An ability to synthesize and present data in a clear manner
- Strong technology skills
- Subject matter expert for Money Guide Pro and eMoney platforms
- Tremendous written and oral communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and positively to change in the financial services industry
- Superior attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Team player and collaborator
- High standard of professionalism, ethics, confidentiality, and integrity
There are several key areas where DFP’s must demonstrate professional proficiency:
- Serve as subject matter expert in eMoney and MoneyGuide Pro and provide firm-wide eMoney and MoneyGuide Pro support to Wealth Management team and advisors.
- Serve as the central financial planning resource for the organization providing direct, and virtual support to a field of national advisors to develop comprehensive financial plans for respective clients.
- Develop, monitor, and improve financial planning modular templates for firm-wide use.
- Work with Wealth Management team and compliance to ensure firm-wide adherence to Financial Planning Policies and Procedures.
- Explore innovative ways to demonstrate value of financial planning, and drive increased revenue growth through AUM capture.
- Support activities that aid in Advisor and organizational revenue and AUM growth.
- Identify additional business opportunities with existing client relationships.
- Create business development training
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our investment philosophy and strategies, and understand how to incorporate our investment philosophy into financial planning recommendations.
- Keep current on financial planning topics, planning techniques, tax law changes, etc..., and develop mechanism for communicating the changes effectively; which would also include creating training programs to ensure advisors are update to the most current planning techniques.
- Serve as Prime Capital Investment Advisors’ financial planning ambassador, both internally and externally in the community Financial industry terminology and account types
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 3+ years financial planning experience preferred.
- Background in Finance preferred
- CFP® Certification
- Expert understanding of financial, retirement, investment and estate planning concepts
- Experience using financial planning software; use of eMoney and MoneyGuide Pro preferred
- Experience with Morningstar Direct, Black Diamond, and Schwab Institutional solutions are a plus
- High standards of professionalism, ethics, and integrity
- Health, Dental, Vision, Group Life & Disability, HSA
- Generous PTO
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Voluntary Group Life and AD&D, Aflac, and Nationwide Pet Insurance