Client Relationship Specialist
Delta Community is one of the largest and fastest growing credit unions in Georgia. Our rapid growth has created additional career opportunities within the organization. We are looking for energetic, flexible, and service oriented individuals for the following position.
The Client Relationship Specialist will lead client engagement for Delta Community Retirement & Investment Services (DCR&IS), ensure all clients receive prompt service and take ownership for complete resolution. The Client Relationship Specialist will execute our client communication strategy, manage and/or collect financial data, work in partnership with the Financial Advisor team to manage client relationship, conduct productive client meetings and meet compliance regulatory requirements.
Practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Execute client communication strategy to include phone, email, in-person and direct mail channels
- Drive division technology adoption and efficiencies
- Facilitate client relationship management (address change, account balance inquiry, additional deposit into existing account, status of transfer in/out of funds, online access, tax documentation/cost basis, account statement request, withdrawal request, beneficiary change form, etc.)
- Execute unsolicited member or Financial Advisor directed trades
- Develop new business to include the coordination of member facing financial education and prospecting events, processing of account acquisition paperwork and the review of submitted paperwork for accuracy and completeness
- Contribute to financial education content development to add value to the lives of the members we serve
- Compliance management to include establishing and maintaining electronic client files to meet regulatory requirements
- Research investment strategy and recommendations for Advisors to include running illustrations, assist in performance research, and prepare client presentations for Financial Advisor team
- Partner with branch delivery and Member Care Center to provide support and education surrounding the products and services offered by DCR&IS
- Travel between our branch network will be required.
- Candidate must be available to work on evenings and weekends as needed.
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years’ investment or insurance experience
- 2+ years’ experience in credit union or financial services industry
- Clean U-4
- Excellent ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with professionals from different disciplines and various professional experience/levels
- Ambassadorial skill to effectively promote a culture of exceptional client service
- Possess an in-depth understanding of clients’ needs and preferences
- Complies with all Credit Union policies and procedures including those related to Bank Secrecy Act regulations.
The DCR&IS Client Relationship Specialist must hold the following licenses within 120 days of on-boarding to perform the duties of the position:
- FINRA Series 7,
- FINRA Series 66
- Life, Accident, & Sickness Insurance License
- Variable Products Insurance License
- Long Term Care Certification
Within one-year of on-boarding, the Client Relationship Specialist must hold the CRPC® designation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or related field
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)