Client Relationship Manager
Delta Community is one of the largest and fastest growing credit unions in Georgia. Our rapid growth has created additional career opportunities within the organization. We are looking for energetic, flexible, and service oriented individuals for the following position.
The Delta Community Retirement & Investment Services’ (DCR&IS) Client Relationship Manager is a practicing professional who acts both as an advocate for members’ financial wellness and as relationship management support to the Advisor Team. The successful candidate will service and advise members utilizing our investment advisory and financial planning programs, and will assist Financial Advisors in the process of creating, implementing, and reviewing financial plans and strategies in the best interest of the member. In the Client Relationship Manager’s delivery of client engagement, he/she will ensure all clients receive prompt service and take ownership for complete resolution. The Client Relationship Manager will manage and/or collect financial data, conduct productive client meetings by phone and meet on-going compliance regulatory requirements.
Practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Identify and address client financial needs
- Communicate foundational financial planning principles as well as investment recommendations
- Analyze data obtained to determine strategies for meeting clients’ financial objectives to include portfolio analysis, retirement projections, Social Security timing, education-funding, and risk management needs analysis
- Monitor and review clients’ accounts regularly to determine whether life events, economic changes, or financial performance indicate a need for reassessment
- Conduct client meetings by phone
- Support the Financial Advisor(s) in preparing wealth management deliverables
- Update the firm’s customer relationship management (CRM) system with every client interaction
- Facilitate client relationship management (address change, account balance inquiry, additional deposit into existing account, status of transfer in/out of funds, online access, tax documentation/cost basis, account statement request, withdrawal request, beneficiary change form, etc.)
- Execute solicited and unsolicited member or Financial Advisor directed trades
- Develop new business to include member facing financial education and prospecting events, processing of account acquisition paperwork and the review of submitted paperwork for accuracy and completeness
- Contribute to financial education content development to add value to the lives of the members we serve
- Compliance management to include establishing and maintaining electronic client files to meet regulatory requirements
- Partner with branch delivery and Member Care Center to provide support and education surrounding the products and services offered by DCR&IS
- Complete all continuing education, firm element, and compliance requirements in a timely manner
- Accepts and performs other duties as assigned
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe
or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in any discipline
- 2+ years’ of investment, insurance or retirement services experience
- Clean U-4
- Excellent ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with professionals from different disciplines and various experience levels
- Ambassadorial skill to effectively promote a culture of exceptional client service
- Possess an in-depth understanding of clients’ needs and preferences
- Complies with all Credit Union policies and procedures including those related to Bank Secrecy Act regulations.
The DCR&IS Client Relationship Manager must hold the following licenses and designations within 90 days of on-boarding to perform the duties of the position:
- FINRA SIE, Series 7, 66 Securities Licenses
- Life, Accident, Sickness License
- Variable Products Insurance License
- Long Term Care Certification
- CRPC® Designation
- 1+ years of experience within a financial institution
- Master’s Degree in finance or related field
Advanced Designation to include CRPC®, CFP®, ChFC® or similar