The Client Advisor role is an exciting opportunity to join a collaborative team of dedicated professionals that service Bessemer’s ultra-high net worth clients. The Client Advisor is responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships through proactive client communication and the coordinated delivery of services to individuals, families, trusts, and foundations.
The Client Advisor acts internally as a liaison between Senior Client Advisors and all other service areas of the organization, such as Tax and Financial Planning, Investments, Legacy Planning and Trust Administration, Alternative Asset Management, Philanthropic Advisory, Real Estate and Insurance Advisory.
- Communicate with clients and their advisors regularly. Provide timely and thorough response.
- Attend client meetings, document issues discussed and coordinate follow up.
- Oversee preparation of client meeting materials. Create custom reports proactively and as requested.
- Document client information and communications in Salesforce.
- Oversee account opening and closing procedures and review related documents.
- Oversee account transactions and reporting.
- Review and be comfortable with client wills, trusts and governing documents and their application to client account administration. Establish necessary automated reminders and follow through.
- Coordinate with Bessemer fiduciary counsel as needed to ensure administration is in accordance with governing documents.
- Prepare Annual Relationship Reviews and assure that all accounts comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Assist the Senior Client Advisor in investment management activities including implementing investment objectives, rebalancing accounts, executing trades, monitoring asset allocation and investment performance, and overseeing investment transition.
- Monitor daily internal reports and work with account team to resolve any issues, such as overdrafts.
- Coordinate client requests for funds including regular disbursements.
- Prepare asset allocation simulation modeling.
- Prepare initial and annual trust reviews and requests for all discretionary distributions from trusts and for all special investments in trust.
- Make required distributions from trusts and foundations.
- Coordinate annual unitrust payments and private foundation grant payments with tax department.
- Process gifts to charity and family. Prepare and send Crummey letters as appropriate.
- Coordinate with tax department (or clients outside tax preparers) on reporting gifts to, and use of GST exemption on gift tax returns for, irrevocable trusts.
- Prepare reports to Trust Builder for irrevocable insurance trusts (ILITs), make transfers to ILITs as required and pay life insurance premiums.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field and ideally seven or more of related business experience. Masters preferred.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork qualities.
- Ability to organize, complete multiple tasks within deadlines and complete accuracy.
- Series 7, Series 63 license desired with two years of Cannon Trust School or equivalent. CTFA, CFP or CFA is a plus.
- Ideally, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Salesforce.
Bessemer is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Privately owned and independent, Bessemer Trust is a multifamily office that has served individuals and families of substantial wealth for more than 110 years. We offer comprehensive investment management, wealth planning, and family office services to help you and your family achieve peace of mind for generations.
Apply for Client Advisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly