Acropolis Investment Management is a fee only financial planning and investment manager in St. Louis, Missouri servicing high net worth individuals and their families, institutional investors and 401k plan sponsors. We believe that a fair management fee, low-cost investments and full transparency are top priorities. We can’t accomplish our goals without honesty, integrity and as a fiduciary, always putting our clients’ goals first.
The firm was started in 2000 by the four partners that are still active in the business today. Including the four founding partners, our team includes 39 employees: 13 Portfolio Managers, 11 Portfolio Advisors, 4 trading and research analysts, 4 401K team members and 6 employees handling the Operations functions at the firm (accounting, IT, compliance and admin).
This position is an addition to our current staff in order to provide support for a growing team of two advisors along with 2 other Portfolio Advisors.
We are looking for a candidate with one to three years’ experience in a similar role that can continue to grow and learn. Our best Advisors have a genuine desire to provide exceptional client service and as a result are able to develop strong relationships with our clients and their families. In addition to strong communications and writing skills the advisor must be very detailed oriented and able to multi task and prioritize. Above all, it requires patience and a love for people.
Job responsibilities include:
- Assist Portfolio managers in preparing for and conducting client meetings. This includes scheduling with clients, preparing the agenda, and generating reports.
- Participate in and take minutes of client meetings to support the Portfolio Manager
- Onboarding new clients
- Gather personal financial data from clients and prepare various custodian forms
- Develop comprehensive financial plans focusing on investment strategy, tax, retirement and estate planning, executive compensation, risk management, cash flow and education funding.
- Work with clients on the implementation of their financial plans.
- Prepare client Investment Policy Statements
- Review and interpret investment reports of asset allocation and performance
- 4 year College Degree
- Series 65 Investment Advisor Representative a plus (Requirement to obtain upon employment)
- One – three years’ experience at an investment or financial planning firm
- Comfortable with financial software such as Schwab Advisor Center, Portfolio Center, Junxure CRM, Moneyguide Pro and/or Holistiplan
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive Salary based on experience with various bonus opportunities
Safe Harbor 401K with 3% contribution and additional discretionary profit-sharing contribution
Health insurance, Life insurance, disability insurance
For employees pursing the CFP designation, the firm pays all education expenses and licensing fees and provides additional paid time off for studying and testing. Upon successful completion, employees also receive a $10,000 raise in salary.