Senior Financial Planner
SENIOR FINANCIAL PLANNER
The Haverford Trust Company has prospered for over 40 years in a finance industry dominated by giants. Our size allows us to be nimble and collaborative with a boutique culture that creates long standing relationships with our clients and between our team members. Our Values of Quality, Integrity, Disciple, and Respect is at the core of everything we do. The Financial Planning Team at The Haverford Trust Company is responsible for tailoring customized financial plans to a client’s unique financial situation and goals. The Senior Financial Planner reports to and partners closely with the VP, Director of Financial Planning. The primary responsibilities of the Senior Financial Planner are to manage and serve our existing clients’ financial planning needs and to nurture new relationships. This position requires frequent client interaction and collaboration with internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a passion for helping others turn life’s aspirations into financial realities and possess a service and detail-oriented mindset. They will enjoy building relationships, shaping unique solutions and being active in their relationships with other employees of the firm. Candidates will not only be responsible for providing sound, comprehensive financial advice and guidance, but for helping clients make sense of their financial lives in actionable ways.
· Normal business hours are Monday thru Friday 8:30AM – 5:30PM EST
· Periodic local travel may be required
· May be required to work additional hours with little or no notice
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works with Portfolio Managers to identify client relationships in which planning services may add value in the expansion and retention of those relationships.
- In collaboration with Portfolio Managers, assists high net worth individuals and families in identifying financial, estate and legacy planning goals.
- Uses eMoney financial planning software to build, analyze and deliver comprehensive personalized plans to clients.
- Prepare for client meetings by collecting, organizing, and synthesizing client data within a financial planning context, all while using the eMoney software and other applicable tools.
- Fosters trusted long-term relationships to help families proactively navigate through various life stages including wealth transfer.
- Maintains contact with clients to revise existing plans based on modified needs of client or changes in investment markets incorporating investment, retirement, and tax planning techniques.
- Works directly with clients via videoconference, phone, in-person, and email
- Educates and informs Portfolio Managers and Investment Officers on client planning opportunities.
- Maintains financial planning client pipeline, client files, and CRM system.
- Researches current trends, legislative changes, and technology within the scope of financial planning.
- In collaboration with the Marketing Team and Director of Financial Planning, develops external and internal client communications on planning trends, legislative changes, etc.
- Attends industry conferences and networking events with a focus on business development.
Education / Experience
- BA or BS degree in finance or related field is preferred.
· Minimum 5+ years’ experience in financial planning.
· 10+ years’ experience in the financial services industry.
· Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) preferred
· FINRA Series 7 & 63 registrations are preferred
· Advanced degrees or designations such as MBA, JD, CLU®, CPA or ChFC are advantageous
· Experience with eMoney preferred
- Understanding of and experience in retirement income planning, asset allocation analysis, risk management strategies, executive compensation analysis, wealth transfer and gifting strategies.
Skills / Abilities
- Must be able to work well within in a highly interactive team environment and be a self-starter.
- Must demonstrate dedication to achieving quality and excellence.
- Must demonstrate a collegial approach within own team and with other cross functional teams.
- Must have the ability to provide and receive constructive feedback from other team members.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills including the ability to persuade and influence.
- Must possess exceptional client relationship skills with a strong focus on client service and value additions.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel (financial spreadsheets) and financial planning software programs.
- Must demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new technologies and software programs.
- Work Product
- Must demonstrate strong client and business focus; able to effectively handle difficult requests, build trusting, long-term relationships with clients and business partners, and help the business to identify/define needs while managing client and stakeholder expectations.
- Must demonstrate a high sense of urgency.
- Must be accurate in compiling data and other materials.
- Must be detail oriented and able to accurately proofread own work and the work of team members.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively multitask under pressure, easily change direction, set and reset priorities, and meet rapidly changing deadlines in a fast paced client focused environment with minimal direction.
- Seeks to continually improve knowledge and skills in finance and work optimization.
- Models the firm’s values of Quality, Integrity, Respect, and Discipline.
- Demonstrated integrity and strong ethical decision making at all times; escalate issues appropriately, considers reliability and credibility of facts, thinks ahead to consider consequences of decisions for the firm, and is willing to make, support, and be held accountable for decisions.
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions.
The Haverford Trust Company shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. Additionally, this job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Haverford’s sole discretion.
All team members of Haverford are required to comply with internal procedures as well as applicable federal, state, and self-regulatory organizations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 and the USA PATRIOT Act.
The Haverford Trust Company is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants. All applicants for employment will be provided equal and fair opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability, medical condition, marital status, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position may be subject to Haverford’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Haverford the details of certain political contributions. Haverford may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Haverford’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Apply for Senior Financial Planner
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly