Associate, Financial Planning
Associate, Financial Planning, Wealth Management (Lori Pinkowski Wealth Management)
Vancouver – Job # 3953
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a motivated individual to join our team in Vancouver on a full-time permanent basis. As an integral member of the Wealth Management team, the role of the Financial Planner is to increase High Net Worth (NHW) client business by providing comprehensive financial plans to attract & retain business. This will be achieved in part by leveraging the business of the Investment Advisor.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will require excellent communication skills combined with the ability to prioritize and manage a complex workload. They will actively promote the benefits of our Wealth Management Services and will be responsible for opportunity spotting and revenue generation.
- Prepare comprehensive financial plans to address client specific needs or concerns in the areas of financial, investment, retirement, risk management, tax and estate planning;
- Personalize each financial plan to provide expert knowledge around challenges affecting emerging affluent clients, such as: holding companies, employee stock options, individual pension plans, retirement compensation agreements, charitable giving, etc.;
- Analyze clients unique tax situations to provide strategies;
- Deliver presentations to clients on specific topics related to fee-based investment solutions, estate planning solutions, and financial planning; and promoting plans to drive the business;
- Maintain ongoing relationships with clients in a team context.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Completion of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation;
- Three years of relevant experience in all aspects of financial planning;
- Investment industry knowledge required;
- Insurance industry knowledge is an asset;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience with planning software: Naviplan is a requirement;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong presentation skills;
- Ability to work effectively independently and in team environments;
- Proven networking and client acquisition skills, with the ability to cultivate strong partner relationships.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
To learn more about the team and Canaccord Genuity, visit www.pinkowskiwealthmanagement.com
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.