Financial and Investment Planner
Helping individuals 'Live Well and Retire Comfortably' is our mission! One of the ways we accomplish this goal is by using our deep knowledge of the financial services industry & products to help clients meet their goals. The Financial and Investment Planner's role is to directly support clients as the primary point contact. In addition, this role supports the Lead Advisor through managing a variety of financial details. An ideal Financial and Investment Planner loves the variety of balancing technical tasks with client communication and finds gratification in helping individuals make progress towards their financial goals.
Bring your can do spirit and continue your career in investment services. What will you do?
You will support the Lead Advisor of a large book of business including managing client needs regarding service, asset allocation, case design and financial planning
Responsible for client meeting preparation and follow-up including assembling requisite paperwork, account reviews, report generation and meeting documentation
Consult with clients on investment strategies based on individual financial and investment objectives; deliver advice and participate in client reviews
Manage data and plans in financial planning software
Identify sales and asset retention opportunities; including viable alternatives when traditional solutions may not apply
Deepen client relationships and establish credibility and rapport both in person and via phone
Proactively communicating with clients and following up on all contacts assigned
Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and competing priorities on a daily basis in pursuit of business objectives
Active engagement in marketing and sales efforts on behalf of the firm; not required to build own book of business
Commitment to culture requires a demonstration of professionalism, accountability, customer/client focus, and teamwork
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITY: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a
- Personal Growth Mindset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Strong working knowledge of the financial services industry and diverse investment products
- Working knowledge of E-Money planning system
- Strong time management and organizational skills; able to work independently and effectively manage multiple tasks at once
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office suite
- Ability to build relationships and influence clients and internal partners
- Problem solving ability
- Highly detail oriented
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry allowing for a strong understanding of broker/dealer operations and financial services products, including but not limited to: equities, bonds, options, mutual funds, annuities, insurance, and managed accounts
- Previous experience in the independent financial services culture preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
- Series 7 and 63 required
- Series 65/66 required (or ability to obtain)
- CFP preferred
In addition to helping our clients Live Well and Retire Comfortably, we have that same focus for our team members. Providing best in class benefits for our team means strong company contributions for employees and their families for medical, dental and vision insurance. 100% company paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability. Our 401(k) plan has both a 100% vested company match and a discretionary profit sharing contribution. Paid time off, bonuses and incentive compensation are also an important part of the package.
While worksite flexibility is a part of our Live Well philosophy, our team enjoys being together and the collaborative environment of onsite face to face work. The majority of work time is spent in our Berwyn Park location.
Looking for a positive and fun environment? We have wellness challenges each month, activities like happy hours, company lunches to meet team members throughout the firm and plenty of sports pools!