Financial Planning Analyst
Position title: Financial Planning Analyst
Summary: Covenant Partners (CP) is a multi-family office boutique wealth management firm working with high-net-worth families. CP is looking for a Financial Planning Analyst who will be responsible for coordinating, compiling, and analyzing all the personal financial information of Covenant Partners’ clients. He/she will be responsible for creating and maintaining individual reports of the client’s financial information. These reports will be used by the Principals in “Client Meetings” to support their recommendations to their clients for future investment actions or fund allocations, cash flow planning, ability to meet long-term financial goals, etc. This position may also be responsible for working on all “tax related” items for the clients, noting any changes in a client’s situation that would affect the clients tax return and providing all necessary documents to the CPA. The successful candidate will have financial experience, will be detailed oriented, will be able to use Excel on an expert level, will be able to analyze and interrupt financial data and communicate with clients professionally.
I. Primary Tasks
- Compiling, maintaining, analyzing, and preparing reports of historical information (complete financial information) for assigned CP clients. Reports include Expenses & Budget, Balance Sheet, Retirement Analysis, Cash Flow, Salary or Income Forecasting, P&L (for client side-business ventures) and other standard reports.
- Review Cash Flow monthly for assigned fiscal clients. Use historical financial information to project future cash needs, which could include but is not limited to a detailed analysis of year to year spending by client for each budget item. Look for the “story” in the numbers, analyze the client’s situation relative to their goals and make comments or suggestions to Principals.
- Compile all of the financial data relative to a client and create reports that outline the complete financial position of a specific client whether an individual or business. The reports that make up the “client presentation packet” must be accurate, detailed and contain all data for the fiscal year. It is important to maintain the report templates and adjust as needed/requested. Although customized for each client, the reports are created and manipulated in Excel and then presented to the clients.
- Coordinate all tax documents related to the fiscal clients and provide to the CPA for the creation of the return. Document any change/activity that would affect a client’s annual tax return; track and guide timing of charitable donations; work with Fiscal Client Controller to ensure funds for estimates and other payments; act as liaison with CPA and review tax returns; oversee 1099 preparation for Fiscal Business Clients and ensure all deadlines are met.
II. Secondary Tasks
- Compile, draft, and provide a final edit of post-meeting follow up letter, summarizing all material topics of discussion, recommendations, and action plans. This is to be completed within a week of the client meeting.
- Maintain Template Letters - Meeting Follow-up, , Birth of Baby, and General Meeting letters.
- Coordinate the charitable gifting process including appreciated securities with the Investment Associate and Fiscal Client Controller
- Charitable Giving procedure
- Maintain Quicken and QuickBooks files for each client in conjunction with the Fiscal Client Controller. Verify categories are correct, the numbers are accurate, and the accounts have been reconciled.
- Assist in loan documentation as needed for renewal or tax return prep
- Maintain amortization spreadsheets for loans
- Provide application information for refinance or new mortgage loans
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- High level - Expert level of proficiency in the use of Excel
- Working knowledge of Quicken or like software.
- Strong Organizational skills and attention to details.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet and word processing programs. (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal/communication skills
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion is required
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- The ability to set priorities and follow through with the implementation of them
- Professional in appearance and conduct