Associate Financial Planner
Mindful Money is a growing Registered Investment Advisor located in Berkeley, CA. We are seeking an Associate Financial Planner to assist us in our mission of helping clients achieve their financial goals. This is your chance to develop your career and play an essential role in our organization.
The Associate Financial Planner assists the Wealth Manager in the management of the entire client relationship. The Associate Financial Planner’s primary responsibility is to develop and deliver financial planning advice and strategies and to communicate investment outlook and performance to our clients under the guidance of the Wealth Manager.
Ideally, you’ll be tenacious when it comes to follow-through. Details rarely slip through your grasp. Accurate data entry, thoroughness and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are important skills in this role. Your goal is to ensure that clients have a wonderful operational experience, from the time they open their first account, and for the duration of their life as a cherished member of our client family.
Responsibilities & Activities:
- Maintains, updates and enters client information into financial planning software (eMoney)
- Once fully-trained, attends all planning-related client meetings
- Develops financial planning strategies to meet client goals and collaborates with the Wealth Advisor to frame the advice to be delivered to the client
- Client focused, with a desire and ability to communicate frequently and clearly with clients
- Responsible for various tasks in support of Wealth Advisors
- Initiates and oversees prospective client intake procedures
- Maintains electronic and physical folders
- Maintains detailed lists and systems to track activities of new and existing clients.
- Attends Client Events
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exemplary work ethic, punctuality, attendance, reliability and accountability are critical for this role
- A strong focus on getting the details right
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Strong analytical and communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and data management skills
- Excellent attitude and an extraordinary client service orientation
- Strong social skills, able to connect with people from all walks of life
- A genuine interest in serving and caring for other people
- A creative mind
- CFP or other financial certifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
- Experience with eMoney, Redtail CRM, Outlook Webmail
We Offer – A supportive and professional environment, salary commensurate with your experience, paid medical insurance, 401K plus matching, PTO and LTD and an opportunity for professional development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.