Associate Wealth Advisor
Glen D. Smith and Associates / Raymond James, a growing wealth management firm, is seeking an Associate Wealth Advisor to join us in our mission of helping clients achieve their financial goals. This is a young highly energetic and goals-oriented team. This is your chance to play a key role in the future success of our fast-growing organization!
Become a member of one of the most respected teams in the wealth management industry. Glen Smith was recently named as one of Forbes Best-in-State Wealth Advisors for 2019, 2020 and 2021 a prestigious recognition for standout wealth advisors who top the list in each state.
Our mission at Glen D. Smith and Associates is to offer our clients peace of mind surrounding their financial goals with sophisticated financial planning and a high level of customer service. The Associate Wealth Advisor plays a pivotal role in attracting and retaining clients. If you have a relentless, burning desire to succeed as a wealth advisor and share our vision, then we would love to hear from you!
The Associate Wealth Advisor will establish new client relationships in addition to providing advisory services and support to a select group of clients. With financial planning responsibility for the firm’s small to mid-size clients, the Associate Wealth Advisor has the opportunity to help the team continue to expand presence in North Texas and beyond.
Responsibilities & Activities
- Follows up on firm-generated leads.
- Services and delivers financial planning to client base.
- Assists in developing client presentations.
- Services client needs and requirements as determined through client interaction. Proactively communicates with clients.
- Promotes the firm’s wealth enhancement and planning services.
- Promotes established investment models and strategies that are suitable for our targeted clients.
- Adheres to all company and industry supervisory guidelines and policies.
- Participates in required meetings, training, and continuing education requirements.
- Assists the Firm’s Principal Wealth Advisor as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Industry Experience Requirements
- At least three to five years of financial planning and/or investment advisory experience, especially working with high net worth clients.
- Active Series 66 or 63 and 65.
- Clean U-4 and U-5 history.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Superior business development skills.
- Excellent attitude and an extraordinary client service orientation.
- A genuine interest in serving and caring for clients.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A burning desire to succeed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor's degree or higher strongly preferred.
- Attendance is an essential function.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
We offer a great working environment in a beautiful and professional office location. This is your chance to play a key role in the continued success of our company. Our culture is fast-paced, motivational, and focused on improving our client’s lives.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
• Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
• Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
• Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
• Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
• Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm