Description: Gresham Partners, LLC is an independent, 50+person, SEC-registered investment and wealth management adviser that has been serving select families, family offices, foundations, and endowments since 1997 as an outsourced chief investment officer and a multi-family office. We currently advise on $7 billion for over 100 clients located nationally.
We are committed to providing superior investment performance by utilizing select, difficult-to-access managers in a full range of asset classes that are located globally.
We integrate this investment approach with client-specific wealth planning strategies and other personalized wealth management services. Gresham is seeking an experienced individual who has wealth management experience, strong technical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and excellent client relationship skills to deliver these services to clients who are located nationally, tend to have complex family and financial situations, and generally have investable assets of $25 million to $200 million.
Responsibilities: This position reports to Leisa Storbeck, Principal and Advisor, and will have primary responsibility for providing comprehensive financial advice to sophisticated families and delivering Gresham’s overall service offering.
Fulfilling these responsibilities will involve:
- Maintaining a day-to-day relationship for 20-25 households.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive solutions across a range of investment and planning disciplines.
- Taking a proactive approach to organizing, preparing, and delivering information at regularly scheduled meetings. Review and update consolidated quarterly investment reports and personal financial statements.
- Assessing client needs by defining their financial goals and determine clients’ investment objectives; develop a customized asset allocation strategy and portfolio design. Proactively deliver a full spectrum of solutions, not products, to clients, including sophisticated investment and wealth transfer advice to achieve clients’ goals.
- Being the primary point of contact with the client on a full range of issues, while working closely and collaboratively with other Gresham professionals to form a cohesive client/relationship team.
- Integrating investment, trust, estate and philanthropic planning and management of issues as they relate to the clients’ overall strategy. Coordinate services among clients’ attorneys, accountants, and other service providers, and take primary responsibility for integrating their services with clients’ overall wealth management plan.
- Staying abreast of changes relating to the economy and the financial markets, which can affect clients and their portfolios; keep in contact with Gresham’s investment team to gain access to important market information; communicate information to clients as appropriate.
- Supporting and initiate the development of new client relationships by being an ambassador for the firm and participating in new business development activities.
- Proactively following and evolving Gresham’s best practices.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will possess the following key skills and abilities:
- A strong commitment to provide exceptional client service in our energetic, disciplined environment.
- Team oriented, demonstrating ability to work with other members of the client service team to deliver the appropriate solutions to clients.
- Experience in identifying and proactively and creatively craft solutions in response to client opportunities and problems.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, creating ability to convey complex ideas and solutions to clients and others with varying levels of sophistication.
- Commitment to learning new concepts through guided and independent study.
- High attention to accuracy, thoroughness, and execution.
- Strong analytical skills.
Experience: Gresham is seeking a candidate with:
- An advanced degree in finance, law, or economics and a CFA, CIMA, CFP or similar professional designations are highly desirable.
- At least 10 years’ experience, most of which have been spent serving individuals and families.
- Proven client relationship skills.
Compensation: Compensation package includes:
- Salary and bonus commensurate with experience.
- Attractive benefits package including health insurance, profit sharing, 401(k) match, and vacation.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this job.
Must be able to:
- Remain stationary for reasonable periods of time typing and/or reading at a computer.
- Move around an office environment during a workday.
- Travel to client locations as needed.
- Communicate with employees, customers, and/or vendors by telephone and in person.
- Process transactions on a computer.
- Sustain mental/visual attention for reasonable periods of time.
- Work in downtown Chicago
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
Contact: Amanda DeHaan