Certified Financial Planner
Sheppard Wealth Management is seeking a CFP to support the Lead Advisor in managing existing and new client relationships. Additionally, the ideal candidate has a desire to grow a client base within our team or has an existing book of business they’d like to move to a like-minded firm. This is a high-level position that requires demonstrated competence in the Financial Services Industry. Thorough computer skills are essential with a particularly strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, eMoney and Black Diamond (or similar software). A working knowledge of portfolio allocation, investment management, and general financial planning is expected. The Lead Advisor is available to provide mentoring and big picture direction, however, you must have the ability to utilize critical thinking skills, work independently, and anticipate firm needs and client questions.
You must consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities. The role provides client relationship support through meeting preparation, participation and follow-up (including graphs, charts, tables, and other visual aids) with clients. This includes creating meeting summary letters, executing trades, money movement, and other transactions, preparing preliminary investment recommendations and initial product solutions for advisor review. You will be integral in ensuring a world-class client experience and maintaining a high level of service throughout the practice. You may also be asked to manage and track projects as well as other day to day business tasks.
Responsibilities may change over time to meet the needs of the practice and based on candidate skills and qualifications.
- Assess clients’ financial health by examining assets, liabilities, income, taxes, investment, and estate plans.
- Develop and execute retirement and estate planning.
- Implement risk management and tax planning strategies.
- Participate in meetings with clients to discuss and set financial and investment goals.
- Prepare for and summarize client meetings by completing service checklists, providing and presenting appropriate reports, and completing necessary follow-up.
- Manage client relationships.
- Work with Black Diamond, Redtail, eMoney and Charles Schwab software (or similar software).
The successful planner will have:
- Excellent inter-and intra-personal relationship skills and the ability to approach others in a tactful manner. You will need to communicate and present your knowledge and recommendations to clients in meetings, writing, and over the phone.
- Authenticity, empathy, curiosity and non-judgement.
- Deep listening skills. Being a financial planner involves a great deal of listening and asking the right questions.
- Long-term thinking: To successfully maintain clients long-term, it is important to continually anticipate future situations and the needs of your clients.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity in personal and professional activities.
At Sheppard Wealth, we work hard and value our relationships with each other. We are fun, creative, curious, collaborative, inclusive and innovative. We also thrive on playing hard. We live in Bend, Oregon for a reason! If this sounds like the type of environment where you would want to work and grow, please reach out to us.