Director, Client Relationship Services
EP Wealth Advisors Admin, LLC ("EPWA") is a wealth management advisory firm with over $12 Billion in AUM as of March 31, 2021, serving predominately high net worth individuals. EPWA fosters an inclusive environment that offers opportunities for our associates to learn, grow and enhance their skills to take on new challenges to progress in their professional careers.
Our Headquarter office located in Torrance, CA is hiring for a Director of Client Relationship Services.
satisfaction, retention, and growth of client relationships. In addition, this individual with play a crucial role in the oversight, development, and sponsorship of the departments strategic priorities to deepen the firm's service commitment. Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of working as a client service leader within an organization focused on delivering excellent client service, with exceptional organizational, communication and problem-solving skills. You will join a team of dynamic, collaborative, and client-focused professionals who are focused on delivering on our founding core values: Integrity, Entrepreneurial, Excellence and Community.
- Lead and oversee a team of associates across firm footprint (directly and indirectly) who serve as the primary point of contact for inquires related to account maintenance, cash management and investment reporting
- Partner with wealth advisory, financial planning, and internal departments (Operations, Investments, Finance, etc.) to ensure client requests are executed within defined service level agreements
- Identify, assess, and resolve complex business problems/client relationship escalations and provide alternative recommendations for atypical business scenarios
- Accountable for supervising, mentoring, training, and development of associates to include regular coaching sessions, and writing and delivery of performance evaluations
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the established key metrics to evaluate success and analyze data to identify areas of opportunity
- Work in partnership with firm leadership and internal committees to develop and implement plans to execute on strategic business initiatives
- Lead, motivate and recruit/retain personnel required to meet the goals of the firm by fostering a success-oriented, accountable environment
- Collaborate with department head, firm leadership, and executive team in establishing service level agreements (SLAs), monitoring and adherence to defined reporting measures including client satisfaction
- Partners with human resources to identify qualified candidate profile, update job descriptions, interview prospective candidates and make hiring decisions
- Develop and implement department policies and procedures to ensure client activities are handled in a consistent, compliant manner
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with peers, department heads, executive management, and external business partners
- Facilitate regular staff meetings with a focus on education, training and expanding the knowledge base of operations team
- Lead small-to-large project initiatives with varying degrees of complexity that directly impact the client service organization to include process development, and training as required.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably with a concentration in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Ideal candidates will a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience working in investment advisory, asset management or a financial services company, with 5+ years in a direct management capacity required
- Exemplary communication skills with ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, associates, leadership, and executive management
- Strong initiative, teamwork and attention to detail are essential with the ability to prioritize and shift priorities instantaneously
- Exhibits strong project management skills to demonstrated ability to lead process change within a complex business environment
- Displays exemplary analysis and problem-solving capabilities with ability to strategize "outside the box" to identify and resolve atypical business issues
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel). Experience with Tamarac Advisor View, CRM, eMoney, and custodian websites (Schwab, Fidelity, TD Ameritrade) is highly preferred
*Note: Role location preference is in Torrance, CA or Orange County, CA. Other locations will be considered contingent on the firm having a physical location currently in that geographical market.