6 days left
- CFP® Certification
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, and experienced Paraplanner to join our team, reporting to the Manager of Financial Planning. The Paraplanner will work closely with our Financial Planners and Advisors in a team-based setting and will be a critical element of our Firm’s growth initiative. The Paraplanner is expected to make a direct impact to the business by supporting Advisors and Financial Planners in developing customized personal financial solutions for new and existing clients. The Paraplanner role provides a career path to develop into a future Financial Planner or Advisor at Marcum Wealth.
- Input data into financial planning software, including constructing and updating financial planning analyses, and identifying issues and opportunities for discussion with Financial Planners and Advisors.
- Areas of emphasis include financial goals and retirement needs analysis, Social Security and Medicare planning, education planning, tax projections, charitable planning, insurance planning needs, executive compensation and stock option analysis, estate planning, and cash flow analysis.
- Research ad-hoc financial planning questions.
- Meeting preparation and follow-up client services including working directly with team members and clients to gather all required data, prepare analyses, and follow up on delivery of analyses to clients.
- Compile, enter, and monitor CRM workflows related to client financial planning requests.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with Financial Planners and Advisors throughout the planning process to ensure that financial planning analyses are completed accurately and promptly.
- Become a subject matter expert, staying current on planning issues, communicating updates to staff, and contributing content to the Firm’s website.
- Assist with development and presentation of training programs for internal staff.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM (CFP®) designation, or currently working toward completion, required.
- One to three years of paraplanner and/or financial planning experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration or related field required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and client relationship management (CRM) software.
- Proficiency with financial planning, Social Security analysis, and tax projection software; MoneyGuide Pro, Orion and Excel a plus.
- Solid understanding of personal financial planning and income tax issues.
- Professional, personable, tactful, efficient, and self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sense of teamwork.
- Strong organizational skills, multitasking, accuracy, service-minded, and meticulous adherence to details required.
- Entrepreneurial-minded approach to business; small/midsize company experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Marcum Wealth offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package. No relocation assistance is offered for this position. Eligible candidates will be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States without support; sponsorship is not available.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Marcum Wealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum Wealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Apply for Financial Planner
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly