IWP Private Client Advisors - Associate Advisor
IWP Private Client Advisors - Associate Advisor
We are looking for a highly adaptable individual interested working in a team environment to solve complex financial puzzles and assist with the delivery of financial planning, investment management, and financial coordination services. This is learning role with a path to a Lead Advisor position in 4-7 years if skills and personal goals are a fit.
The main purpose of the Client Service Associate/ Associate Advisor position is assisting the Client Manager/ Lead Advisor with creating, implementing, and executing various financial planning strategies for wealth management clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be an active participant of a dynamic client service team solving complex family office problems with confidentiality.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions on complex client strategies around investments, cash flow, and tax and estate planning.
- Attend client meetings (in person and virtually), professionally solving client problems on a daily basis with a high level of customer service and follow through.
- Responsible for execution of client strategy and financial plan.
- Analyze investment portfolio and assist with allocation proposals.
- Communicate details of a client’s portfolio and financial plan in a coherent and concise manner.
- First point of contact on specific client questions and 3rd party communication (insurance, tax, etc.).
- Provide initial drafts of all meeting materials, including agenda, and first review of quarterly reports to client manager.
- Responsible for task management, meeting notes, organizing client folders and logging information in our CRM system.
- Assist with client annual tax return preparation including gathering tax documents for clients’ accountants, coordinating payments of income and property taxes and completes annual year-end tax call with clients’ accountant.
- Conduct Long-Term Cash Flow analysis, budget updates and quarterly profit and loss report reviews for cash flow management.
- Complete initial analysis of current investments and allocation proposals. Executes and tracks all initial and on-going investment changes.
- Review initial estate documents and beneficiaries and assist with account titles and beneficiary updates as needed.
- Complete initial overview of insurance policies, review insurance broker recommendations and ensure timely insurance renewals and payments for clients.
- Stay informed of economic and financial current events.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- 2+ years of financial services experience working with client’s post-college.
- Series 65 license required (or obtained within 2 months of start date).
- Certified Financial Planner or desired to obtain
- Basic Personal finance knowledge required: familiarity with different types of bank, brokerage, and retirement accounts; basic understanding of personal income tax issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: Prompt and thorough communication with clients, internal and external team. Ability to speak up when error occurs and find ways to prevent in the future
- Detail orientated and organized: Diligent with follow-up, can manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced deadline driven environment. Ability to track details, meet multiple deadlines and be analytical
- Proactive and self-motivated: Must be able to take initiative and act independently with very little supervision and great work ethic. Ability to work with different teams to push ahead goals.
- Computer skills: Proficient in all Apple products, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and comfortable utilizing databases and the Internet for research.
- Discretion: Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
Benefits and General Information
- Our office is located in Denver, CO 80206. This position is currently remote due to COVID but ability to join in-person meetings in required. Parking expenses are covered.
- Fully covered benefits include health insurance, company-funded contribution to HSA (to annual limit), and a Simple IRA with 2% company contribution. Optional benefits include vision, dental, life insurance, and LTD.
- Company is supportive of professional enhancement, including education for related designations.
Why Join This Company?
Our team is comprised of professionals of the highest caliber who strive to simplify all financial aspects of the world around them. We get to work with clients from a variety of backgrounds and do whatever it takes to help them. We commit to being strategic, creative, diligent, and professional. Through collaborative perseverance we invest in the growth of our clients, our colleagues, and our firm.