Wealth Advisor Associate
This position is located in our Waltham office, as part of the High Net Worth team. The High Net Worth Practice is a group within Ballentine Partners, focused specifically on clients with investable assets between $3 and $25 million. We provide objective investment and financial planning advice to our clients. We are a fee-only Registered Investment Advisor.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a critical team member in support of senior advisors working with clients
- Organize and prepare client ready materials, including client/prospect presentations, eMoney analyses, and performance reports
- Meet with clients with senior staff and assist with follow up
- Construct investment policy statements and manage trade plans for client accounts
- Research investment and financial planning projects as needed
- Monitor cash flows, positions, trades, significant asset transfers and changes in client portfolios
- Work effectively with external professionals including custodians, trustees, accountants and attorneys
- Handle day-to-day inquiries
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate with have a minimum of one year of relevant experience, plus:
- A desire to obtain CFP and/or CFA credentials
- Strong client service orientation
- Can learn new things quickly
- Can take initiative and act proactively (i.e., anticipates problems, raises suggestions)
- Can work both independently and in a team structure with a diverse group of people
- Can juggle and prioritize a variety of tasks daily
- Is highly organized with a very strong attention to detail
- Has strong Excel and computer skills
- Has the ability to perform in a fast-paced, knowledge-intensive, and service-oriented environment
- Has the ability to create task lists from information
- Has high professional standards, judgment, and discretion
- Has professional communication skills, verbal and written
- Has excellent interpersonal & relationship skills including a positive attitude
- Experience with eMoney is a plus
- Other duties as assigned
A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Ballentine Partners offers a wide array of benefits completely paid for by the firm including dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance as well as cost sharing on medical insurance. We offer extensive time off benefits including vacation time, unlimited personal sick time, paid family sick leave, paid parental leave, sabbaticals, community time off and so much more. We have a corporate matching program as well as support certifications and continuing education for our team members. On top of all this, Ballentine is a family friendly and flexible work environment. Our culture is collaborative and built on supporting each other to grow not only the business but each other as well.
For more information on our culture please view our Impact Report.
Ballentine Partners compensation is made up of a base salary and performance bonus. The salary range for this position is $60,000 to $90,000 and is commensurate with experience. Performance bonuses are based upon company and personal performance and are paid out annually.
We will sponsor applicants for work visas.
Ballentine Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is based upon qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage applications from those who share our commitment to promoting a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive community.