Vice President Education
Church Pension Group (CPG) is a financial firm located in Midtown Manhattan. CPG was founded in 1917 to provide pension benefits to eligible clergy of the Episcopal Church. Since then, its mission has expanded to include life and disability insurance, health benefits, property & casualty insurance, and publishing.
The Education and Wellness unit (E&W) is the division of the Church Pension Group (CPG) that is responsible for the development and delivery of a coordinated array of educational programs and materials for CPG plan participants through pre-conference, conference, and post-conference resources. The mission of E&W is to inform, engage, and inspire CPG clients with education and wellness resources. The VP of Education has oversight responsibility for the development and management of financial and health education and wellness programs and resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Collaborates and with the SVP of E&W to create and maintain the unit’s mission and strategy.
- With input from other CPG units, is responsible for assessing educational needs to drive unit initiatives and to develop educational resources and programs.
- In conjunction with CPG Pension Services, IBAMS staff, and direct reports, creates education programs by authoring participant and facilitator materials, developing supporting activities, incorporating tools for evaluation program effectiveness and producing audiovisuals, presentation aids and other resources needed for program implementation and delivery.
- Monitors, tracks and reports on client participation in educational programs by providing detailed reports that facilitate appropriate management follow-up.
- Provides leadership for departmental staff, especially in areas of professional development, organizational culture, and vision and values of the organization.
- Ensures that the education group’s current curriculum of programs is readily available to the E&W unit for use as needed
- Researches, proposes, and manages relationships with third-party partners to support educational programs (i.e., Fidelity, Milliman)
- Responds to a variety of plan and policy-related questions as needed
- Provides retirement and other plan specific information
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes and standards relating to health, financial and retirement planning and education
- Participates as a faculty member at E&W Conferences
- Manages budgets for all finance and health related programs
- AVP, Education
- AVP, Financial Education
- Director of Curriculum Development
- Director of On-line Learning
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven expertise in developing, delivering and measuring the effectiveness of educational programs
- A thorough understand of adult education learning rules and how to apply them
- Outstanding facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated project management skills in order to develop and execute a project plan that involves curriculum development from conception through implementation and evaluation
- Knowledge of budgeting and cost analysis
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to establish and build strategic relationships, and effectively interact with diverse work groups
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Team player who can work with both internal and external colleagues in a collaborative fashion
- Strong background and experience in financial education with advanced proficiency in retirement planning, church defined benefit\contribution plans, and financial counseling
- Knowledge of the Church Pension Group benefit plans including the Medical Trust preferred
- Understanding and knowledge of the polity of the Episcopal Church preferred.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally 40% of the time. Business trip duration may be for up to one week at a time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA\BS in a related discipline is required
- Post-graduate degree (MBA and/or other finance-related degree) preferred
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation or similar financial certification is required
- Experience in curriculum design
- A minimum of eight years of experience working with defined contribution plans and defined benefit plans, as well as other retirement tools is required
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Please understand that, as a general policy, CPG does not sponsor visas.
EOE: Minorities/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation