Meritas Financial Planning Resident Associate Program (Start date July 2022)
Explanation and Description
The Meritas Wealth Management LLC Resident Associate position will be a unique learning experience for the successful candidate. The candidate will learn financial planning at a planning-centric firm, from a great team. They will work directly with clients – preparing financial plans and plan updates, and working in all aspects of financial planning, from the discovery process to implementation and ongoing support of Meritas’ clients’ goals. They will gain the experience necessary to qualify to be a CFP® certificant, become part of the local planning community, and will have the opportunity to prepare for and take the CFP® Exam.
Financial Planning Resident Associate
Upon successful completion of this 36-month program, the Resident Associate will be fully prepared to join an established planning firm or have the confidence and financial planning competence to practice on their own. They will be treated and have the same expectations as other Meritas employees even though the position will end after approximately three years. At that time, the Resident will move on to find other employment and will be highly qualified for attractive opportunities within the financial planning profession. This position is being offered by Meritas in order to leverage the firm’s financial planning team and to help increase the supply of competent planners entering the financial planning profession.
- Meeting and working directly with the firm’s clients in support of the firm’s Advisors.
- Taking meeting notes, entering related tasks into Junxure, gathering information and implementing recommendations.
- Documenting progress and completion of client service actions and communications in Junxure.
- Communicating with clients.
- Preparing and implementing financial pans and updates.
- Implementing the firm’s investment management services.
- Completing financial planning and investment management research and projects.
- Designing, implementing and managing projects with the rest of the team.
- Completing client service and administrative tasks such as paperwork, moving money, account openings/closings/transfers, phones, scanning, filing, etc.
- Engaged participation at the firm’s staff meetings and retreats.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential
- 401(k) with company match
- Full array of benefits (medical, short- and long-term disability, life)
- CFP® Exam registration and preparation costs (if applicable)
- FPA membership
How to Apply for this Position
- Email to email@example.com by October 29, 2021.
- No phone calls please.
- Please send your resume, cover letter and short essays answering the below questions.
- Why do you want to work for Meritas Wealth Management?
- What would you bring to Meritas that is unique and special?
- What would you need from Meritas to reach your highest potential?
- Be trustworthy, ethical, hard-working and professional.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree and have completed a CFP Board Registered Program (or be near completion).
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and technical skills.
- Be detail-oriented and be able to manage tasks and projects through to their successful completion.
- Enjoy working as part of a team, as well as be able to work effectively and efficiently on their own.
- Desire to learn and grown.
- Be enthusiastic to participate in the financial planning profession and community.
- In person position.