Analyst _ Para Planner
Your job in the role of reporting analyst/planner is to support a growing company by delivering exceptional client service while focusing on learning your role. This is an entry-level position, and an excellent start for someone looking for a career in financial services. The two main functions of the role involve paraplanning, or assisting in the financial planning process, and supporting the team with preparation and analysis of client reviews. You will work closely with other Procyon employees, vendors, and clients on a range of tasks and projects.
About Procyon Partners - Procyon is an employee-owned independent Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) with its main office in Shelton CT and other offices in Melville, Long Island, Virginia Beach and satellite offices in NYC and West Palm Beach, FL. Procyon is a new, dynamic, and growing firm, founded four years ago by partners with several decades of experience in the financial services industry. There are currently 15 financial advisors (FAs) at the firm, and 9 staff members (and growing). Procyon has a dual focus on managing private wealth for individuals as well as retirement plans for institutions. All told, clients have entrusted us with $4.5 billion dollars under advisement. We are fiduciaries, as well as a financial planning and fee-based firm focused on always doing what’s best for our clients.
The ideal candidate: The ideal candidate would have 1-2 years of applicable work experience and be looking to begin their career in the financial advisory field. A bachelor’s degree is preferred, though not required. However, proficiency with Microsoft Office is a must. Candidates should be efficient organizers who can multi-task in a fast-paced environment. While this is primarily a position for someone who is detail oriented and has an analytical mind, interacting with clients is also an important part of the job. They demonstrate initiative and independence as well as the ability to create and follow routine procedures. FINRA licenses and financial services designations are not required. However, it is expected that the candidate passes the Series 65 exam within the first 6 months of hire (with training provided by the firm). Be thorough in your work. Operate with high attention to detail. Have strong communication, organization, time-management, and problem-solving skills. Must be able to multi-task and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
It is a plus if the candidate is proficient in the software utilized:
- Financial Planning - Money Guide Pro
- Client Relationship Management - Salesforce
- Client Reporting - Black Diamond
- Investment Analysis - Morningstar, Y-Charts
Geographic Location – Shelton, CT
Key Tasks - The key tasks of your job would include the following:
Institutional Clients/Reporting Analyst
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly client reviews
- Develop and maintain financial presentations for vendor analysis and RFP’s
- Maintain relationships with the firm’s key investment and recordkeeping contacts.
- Be the performance reporting specialist, and the subject matter expert for Black Diamond (our reporting software/tool).
Private Wealth/ para-planning
- Assist the firm’s Financial Planners (CFPS) with initial financial plan data collection, entry, and production of a draft financial plan.
- Help Financial Advisors (FAs) produce client financial review packages.
- Periodically participate in client/prospect meetings gathering information needed to ensure understanding of client/prospect financial situation, goals, investment objectives and risk tolerance.
- Research and write detailed client investment evaluations based on current holding and prospective investments.
- Proactively develop self to continuously improve knowledge, skills and communicate development needs to the team.
- Keep self and others organized and on task.
- Work effectively as part of a busy professional team.
- Motivation to continue to learn and grow and/or pursue designations such as CFP
Total Rewards: Procyon was built from the ground up with our clients and employees in mind. We work hard but want Procyon to be a great place to work. We pay a competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus for this role. Our benefits package is competitive with medical, dental, vision benefits and twenty days paid vacation. The dress code is business casual with the occasional suit or equivalent needed for client meetings. In addition, with prior approval, we will also reimburse high performing employees for pursuing approved advanced designations such as the CFP.
We have a great office on a large beautiful corporate campus in Shelton CT. It has all the amenities including several restaurants, a hairdresser, fitness center, tennis courts, basketball court, dry cleaner, free parking, etc. Moreover, we strategically chose Shelton CT with its lower cost of living and its convenience, located within one hour of almost every city in CT right off route 8 and both 95 and the Merritt Parkway. NYC is accessible via the Metro North line.