Job Description | Financial Advisor
At The Lubitz Financial Group, we are committed to making a positive difference in peoples’ financial lives both now and into the future. Our core values include being rooted in integrity, putting the client first (always), exhibiting compassion for clients and each other, being resourceful and creative in finding solutions, setting a high bar for one another and believing that positivity is contagious. If these values resonate with you, please read on! We’re searching for a qualified Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) to join us as a Client Advisor. As a member of our team, you’ll join like-minded professionals continually focused on sharpening their skills and knowledge so we can all remain at the top of our profession.
Objectives of this Role
The Client Advisor position develops new client business opportunities and manages existing client relationships based on the individual’s experience level and internal firm needs. This position is responsible for delivering to clients the full range of the firm’s services and ongoing consultation and advice as well as the training and supervision of other staff in client service delivery.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Be a regular contributor to the firm’s business development efforts.
• Be able to clearly articulate the firm’s brand and narrative
• Complete compliance review action items as required, including compliance-related reporting requirements, client service-related tasks, research investment related topics, etc.
• Participate in internal advisor meetings.
• Support senior management in speech and client presentation preparation. • Work with operations personnel on the integration, management, and/or implementation of technology systems and platforms to design improved workflows
Growth Responsibilities | Training and Professional Development
• Attend and participate in Financial Planning Association (FPA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) Board of Standards, Investment Management Consultants Association (IMCA), or other industry related group meetings, conferences and/or events.
• Maintain ongoing CFP® continuing education.
• Attend special topic webinars and continuing education sessions in order to maintain an updated industry working knowledge.
Marketing and Branding
• Contribute regularly to the firm’s business development and marketing efforts including the firm’s Social Media marketing efforts.
• Advanced proficiency in the firm financial planning software (eMoney).
• Assist in the creation of client financial plans through data gathering and qualitative questions to incorporate life planning discovery into the firm financial planning process.
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to clients and their professional advisors on topics of estate planning, tax planning, and Social Security retirement strategies. Keep abreast of ever-changing national financial, tax, and estate laws.
• Review client investment statements, personal cash flow statements, tax returns, estate planning documents, insurance ledgers and policies and other financial documents for the purposes of financial planning.
• Create customized deliverables and presentations for all assigned clients, proactively and as requested.
• Assist in the creation of firm-wide templates on common financial planning topics and client issues.
• Approve trade and/or investment recommendations for assigned client relationships.
• Assist the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) in the preparation of firm Investment Committee research and reports.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in financial planning, business, economics or accounting.
• Minimum of four years of financial planning/advisory-related experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience managing client relationships (including direct responsibility for developing new relationships).
• CFP® certification.
• Ability to build and strengthen client relationships.
• Ability to think on your feet, responding well to and addressing complex problems and questions.
• Advanced knowledge of the core technical areas of financial planning.
• Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy a must. • Basic understanding of the financial advisory/wealth management industry. Experience with registered investment advisor (RIA) business preferred.
• Advanced-level computer skills, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, familiarity with contact management software (Salesforce preferred) and financial planning software (eMoney preferred).
• Effective business development and interpersonal skills (especially the ability to convey empathy and establish trust and rapport).
• Energetic, eager to learn, and a team player.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, effective follow-up, deadline focused.
• Experience in conducting formal presentations or speeches.
• Experience with managing, training and supervising staff.
• Impeccable ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as under direction.
• Strong strategic and analytical skills.
$64,500 - $109,000 commensurate with experience