Hudson Dynamic Retirement, Inc, a small but successful retirement planning and investment advisory firm, is looking for the right individual to complement our team of advisors. The Associate Advisor / Service Advisor will work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment, in a challenging and rewarding role. We view our clients as part of our family and the perfect candidate will continually strive to foster that approach. Although we are looking to fill a specific position, we realize there are also sole practitioners in this space that have been practicing for a number of years that may also be a good fit to join our Firm. We would be willing to consider merging with a smaller firm to provide more stability and options for the right individual(s). The candidate should have the potential to advance to a lead advisor role based on acquired skills and experience.
The Associate Advisor / Service Advisor reports to the Lead Advisor and is critical to appropriately leveraging Advisors’ time. This position utilizes excellent customer service and problem solving skills to confidently provide information and education to clients in a timely, efficient, and professional manner. It is critical you possess strong written and verbal communication skills and enjoy the excitement of multi-tasking and shifting focus as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Lead Advisor with analysis, client service and technical assistance
- Assist in client meeting preparation and follow-up including assembling requisite paperwork, report generation, appointment scheduling and post-meeting documentation
- Attends client meetings and takes extensive notes
- Analyzes asset allocation and generates rebalancing trades
- Researches products, product pricing, and contacts carriers for information
- Manage client needs regarding processing, service, and problem resolution in a timely and accurate manner while ensuring documentation and record keeping adheres to compliance standards; provide exceptional “meet and greet” first impressions to clients and/or prospective clients
- Creates custom spreadsheets for analyzing purchase decisions or planning scenarios
- Manage multiple and competing priorities on a daily basis in pursuit of business objectives
- Analyze current workflow procedures to continually identify potential improvements as available technology and software systems evolve
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to complete multiple (and simultaneous) workflow tasks
- Highly adept at completing tasks expeditiously and accurately
- Advanced computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point) are essential
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Database management required, Redtail CRM experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Self-starter, with an ability to work both independently and as a team member.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field preferred
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in the financial services industry allowing for a good understanding of broker/dealer operations and financial services products, including but not limited to: equities, bonds, options, mutual funds, annuities, insurance, and managed accounts
- Previous experience in the independent financial services culture preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Series 6 or 7 required
- CFP® or ChFC® designation preferred, but not required
If you are interested in applying to this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, tell us what strengths you have that will help you perform well in this position. We would also like to hear more about your long-term career goals. The more information you can share about yourself, your experiences, and your aspirations, the better.