Looking for Love…
Penobscot Financial Advisors (PFA) is seeking a Financial Planning Specialist to join our growing team. Our Planning Specialists execute PFA’s financial planning process, work directly with clients and collaborate to support the needs of our Financial Advisors. This is our passion work, so we are going to be picky. Show off your expertise and creative energy – we are looking for a long-term contributor.
Please swipe left if you don’t own these qualities:
· Reliable. It’s the little things that count, so pay attention to detail. Your work is very important and accuracy is key. You will create high quality financial plans, make deadlines, take great notes and ensure accountability for follow up tasks.
· Endearing. Your clients and co-workers need you. Earn their trust with your quality work, a positive attitude and charismatic personality.
· Intimate. You will thoroughly learn our technology platforms, with a focus on planning software. You will also research and implement new technology or procedures with a focus on process improvement.
· Proactive. Our clients rely on you to be on top of their needs and tasks – they never have to reach out to you, because you are one step ahead.
· Multi-Tasker. PFA is a busy place, and we expect you to keep up. You will sometimes be working on several plans and tasks at once. You will be excellent at prioritizing.
· Communicator. You will instill confidence in our clients, and your team members, with strong listening skills, clear communication and empathy.
· Flexible. You will be asked to help out on projects, work across multiple committees and conduct specialized research from time to time; variety is the spice of life!
· Spontaneous. We welcome your progressive ideas and thought process. Be a contributor!
· Future focused. PFA doesn’t date bums. You will be leading our Financial Planning Committee and moving it forward. We will give you the tools you need, but success is up to you.
Our DREAM date…
Want to go above and beyond, and rock our world? Here’s how:
· Mind-Reader. Before we have a chance to ask you for updates and progress reports, you are delivering them to us. You understand various planning scenarios without looking for help first.
· Time-Creator. You find operational efficiencies to save our clients, and your team, valuable time so they can take more vacation.
· Heartthrob. We consistently receive positive feedback from clients and co-workers, and when you are out of the office they cry because they miss you so much.
· Rhetorician. Your writing is published, and you keep a crowd interested at a budgeting seminar.
Nice to Haves
If you possess the following, you’ve already scored some bonus points:
· CFP® Certification. Don’t have it? We will require you to obtain it ASAP (best part, we will pick up the tab).
· Industry licensure. You need to have a Series 65 or obtain it within three months. Otherwise, we are moving on.
· Industry experience. 3+ years is preferred. Some experience with MoneyGuide, Redtail and Black Diamond would be great.
Oh, so you want to know a little about us first? That’s fair:
Penobscot Financial Advisors is a progressive, Maine-based firm committed to enriching the lives of our stakeholders – that includes our clients and employees. We are a younger firm, growing quickly, and are looking for like-minded contributors to move us forward. We offer you an opportunity to be part of a team, and part of a growing organization. Bring your creativity and energy, this is a firm seeking your involvement and ideas. We are hard-working professionals, but value our quality of life and respect that on all levels of the organization. Enjoyment is one of our core values! We offer competitive compensation, time-off and full benefits. Yeah, we’re pretty awesome.
If this hasn’t scared you off yet, you may be our match! Please send your cover letter and resume to Craig Joncas at firstname.lastname@example.org.