Blucora has a bold aspiration: we are committed to giving all people the tools needed to lead healthy financial lives - tools often reserved for the wealthy.
We now turn to the next leg, developing the technological tools that make our vision of financial health for all a reality. Atypical for the financial services industry, we take a contemporary approach to strategy and product development that is founded in user insights, rapid testing, and a singular focus on driving end-user value.
Since charting new territory on a daily basis is part of everyone's job at Blucora, we've attracted team members who thrive on the challenge, encourage each other, and are passionately committed to the goal. If you agree that problem-solving is a team sport, and feel energized by a good debate, deep-dive research, or a fun night out with colleagues, we might be the right firm for you!
Avantax Wealth Management, a subsidiary of Blucora and sister company to Avantax Planning Partners and TaxAct is seeking a Wealth Management Consultant II that will be responsible for collaborating with Avantax Advisors to provide specific sales support, case planning, and solutions to meet the end client’s financial service needs. The WMC will also be responsible for driving case implementations to achieve measurable growth in the firm’s AUM and revenues and will collaborate with other Avantax teams to provide solutions in all facets of financial planning and to assist advisors in the implementation of these solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Connect and foster relationships with Advisors and Educational Partners to drive revenue growth to the company and our partner firms.
- Help advisors in the growth of their business by analyzing client cases and developing recommendations and investment strategies.
- Maintain working knowledge expertise on the products and platforms offered by Avantax Wealth Management.
- Strong working knowledge of investments, insurance, annuities, retirement plans, and full financial planning engagements.
Collaboration with internal teams
- Refer advisors to the appropriate Avantax Enterprise Growth professionals for execution support.
- Follow up with internal team members to ensure that all advisor requests and issues are promptly addressed, and interaction details are properly tracked and shared internally.
- Monitor work to ensure compliance with goals and standards.
Leadership and teamwork
- Build strong relationships with teammates, business partners, and specialists by fostering collaboration.
Education & Experience
- 5+ years in a wealth management role.
- FINRA 7 & 63 licenses required.
- CFP designation or similar preferred.
- Additional securities licenses and designations may be required depending on the role.
- BS/BA in business, finance, economics, accounting, or related field.
- Expert in Microsoft Office; especially PowerPoint, Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to be an integral team member on large-scale, complex projects.
- Highly energetic self-starter.
- Ability to prioritize alternative solutions, drive results, and influence senior leaders in a cross-functional, diverse environment.
- Ability to meet designated business and sales goals of assets, revenue, profitability, and client satisfaction.
Physical Demand & Work Effort
- Keying/typing, standing, walking.
- Sitting for an extended period.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during the normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
At Blucora, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, Blucora welcomes and celebrates diversity and inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At Blucora, you can expect a supportive, open, and inclusive atmosphere and a team that values your contributions.
Blucora, Inc. and its subsidiaries, Avantax Wealth Management, Avantax Planning Partners (formerly HK Financial Services), and TaxAct are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other status protected under federal or state law. Blucora considers information gathered in the hiring process, including information on this application, confidential, and only shares it on a need-to-know basis or as required by law.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at HR@Blucora.com or by calling 972-870-6000 to speak with a member of the HR Talent Acquisition team.