Schwab Private Client is a premier, fee-based and non-discretionary investment advisory solution providing clients with a personal relationship, specialized service and ongoing advice built on Schwab’s approach to investing. Private Client Advisors work for Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory, Inc. ("SPCIA"), a registered investment advisor and an affiliate of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
What you are good at
As a Private Client Advisor of SPCIA, you will work as a fiduciary within a dedicated Schwab Private Client team to deliver a disciplined, objective, non-discretionary advisory relationship designed to help our clients reach their financial goals. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and growing an assigned practice of high-net worth clients with Schwab Branch business partners
- Developing, implementing and ongoing monitoring of Investment Policy Statements that outline investment goals and objectives, preferences and risk tolerance
- Constructing and delivering customized portfolio advice with specific investment recommendations through scheduled and proactive outreach to clients
- Partnering with a team of financial planners, attorneys and CPAs to offer comprehensive solutions
You will provide on-going advice to clients via a phone based relationship with the opportunity to visit your assigned market and clients. SPCIA’s advice philosophy will enable you to leverage a vast array of products (i.e. stocks, bonds, ETF’s, mutual funds, separately managed accounts, option trading) as you help clients manage larger and more complex portfolios and wealth planning needs. This unique and rewarding opportunity will provide both you and your clients the ability to build goal oriented portfolios and nurture long-term relationships.
You will have the tools, resources and support to succeed in a portfolio management environment. Specifically:
- Client relationship management software to enable seamless client interactions
- Financial Planning software designed for customized client focused portfolio solutions
- Access to third party and proprietary research to support the advice recommendations
- On-going training and commitment to your professional development
SPCIA offers a progressive benefits package along with a base plus variable bonus compensation program derived from client satisfaction, growth of the offer and client retention. In this role, we believe that the client relationship should not be compromised by commission payments that may incent product sales.
We value integrity, open communication, strong market knowledge, and a passion for client service. If you want to work with a firm that is dynamic, client focused and values your contributions by providing a successful environment for outstanding financial rewards, consider a career as a Private Client Advisor with Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory.
What you have
We place a premium on high performance, quality service and the ability to execute the SPCIA strategy. Essential skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Active FINRA Series 7 and 66 required (Series 66 may be obtained within the first 120 days)
- CFP® designation preferred
- Three or more years advisory experience required
- Three or more years in the financial services industry working directly with clients highly preferred
- Superior relationship management and client retention experience
Polished interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, attention to detail
Target Total Compensation - 83,800-132,600
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.