WHO WE ARE: Adams Chetwood Wealth Management was founded almost 30 years ago under the Wachovia/Wells Fargo umbrella. In 2015, our four person team left the wirehouse and formed an independent Registered Investment Advisory firm. In this small business environment, we enjoy a close knit culture based on our shared company values, our dedication to treating our clients like family, and a commitment to employees’ personal and professional development. We support the growth of our team toward greater responsibility and new opportunity. We all enjoy coming to work every day because we know the end goal of everything we do is to "guide our clients to financial peace of mind.” In short, we love helping people and working together to make that happen.
WHO YOU ARE: Our ideal Financial Planning Associate loves helping clients, assisting in building and updating financial plans, and helping to implement planning recommendations. You are poised and polished in dealing with high net worth clients and have excellent communication skills. You enjoy utilizing your exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills to manage portfolio rebalancing, resolve client planning questions, and ensure each meeting moves the client’s plan forward.
You have a fanatical attention to detail and have high standards of excellence for yourself. You are comfortable being fully accountable for complex trading on a per-client basis as well as firm wide. You understand and can calculate the tax consequences of plan implementation from investment changes to charitable gifts to retirement income updates.
You understand the weight of dealing with a family’s life savings, and to that end, you let nothing slip through the cracks in the planning or trading process. Finally, you are always humble, and a true team player, and as such, you embody the firm values of continuous improvement, wisdom, ownership, family and stewardship.
JOB SUMMARY: The Financial Planning Associate is integral to our clients’ financial success and the success of our organization. In this role, you will keep clients’ financial plans up to date and prepare the Senior Advisors for all review meetings by preparing a comprehensive agenda. The Financial Planning associate will also handle the majority of client trades and help ensure that client portfolios match the financial plan’s recommendation.
You will also serve as a primary or secondary point of contact for select client relationships, helping to answer their planning questions and coordinating with the client’s CPA or attorney as needed. Finally, the Financial Planning Associate will stay up to date on estate and tax law changes, and make sure these changes are being noted in client plans and meeting agendas.
80% - Financial Planning
- Prepare and update financial plans for clients and prospects using MoneyGuidePro software
- Prepare all supplemental materials for client review meetings which includes education funding reports, a comprehensive agenda, and annuity updates (if applicable)
- Analyze client annuities to understand features, benefits, and tax implications
- Stay up to date on estate and tax law changes and make sure these changes are reflected in clients’ plans
- Answer clients’ financial planning questions
- Coordinate with a client’s CPA or estate attorney to help implement planning recommendations
20% - Trading / Portfolio Rebalancing
- Rebalance client portfolios per plan specifications
- Invest client deposits and contributions
- Sell for client distribution needs
- Implement portfolio model changes on a firm wide basis
- Review all client portfolios on a quarterly basis to ensure excess cash is invested
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business Management, Economics, or Finance) required
- CFP certification required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in utilizing your CFP education to prepare and update financial plans
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in executing portfolio rebalances
- Familiarity with Charles Schwab RIA custodial platform preferred
- Proficient with Orion portfolio management software and Salesforce CRM software preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required (especially as it relates to trading and tax calculations)
- Passionate about helping people while displaying a warm and engaging personality in all interactions
- Fanatical attention to detail with a track record of letting nothing slip through the cracks
- Excellent ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at once
- Outstanding ability to think on your feet and empathize with high net worth clients to resolve issues
- Polished presentation skills with the ability to explain complex topics in a simplified manner to clients
- Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to craft business communications free from punctuation and grammatical errors
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Employees may earn quarterly bonuses based on firm wide goals and individual performance goals
- Fully paid health insurance for employees
- 401k with match and discretionary profit sharing
- Paid vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off for volunteer/service projects
- Paid FPA membership
- Ongoing career development, including training/certification reimbursement
Please complete the Financial Planning Associate Questionnaire linked below. You will be able to submit your resume and cover letter here as well. Please note that this job is located in Durham, NC, and we prefer that employees live within 25-30 miles of the office.
We are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. Our top priority is the health and safety of our team and clients.