The senior wealth advisor position at Mariner Wealth Advisors is the ideal role for a financial planning professional looking to join a firm that has been ranked in the top five RIAs by Barron’s for the last five years. The senior wealth advisor position at Mariner Wealth Advisors will lead a wealth management team to create comprehensive wealth plans that include a coordinated financial strategy that aligns with each client’s goals and values. The successful senior wealth advisor will be an experienced planner, thoughtful listener, have a strong team mentality and be driven to grow professionally and personally.
If you are looking to enhance your financial planning career with a firm that puts the client first by providing 360° advice designed to last and is committed to being there for everything life brings our clients’ way, then Mariner Wealth Advisors is the right firm for you. We actively nurture the next generation of advisors, give back to the community, and focus on building a diverse culture where everyone genuinely loves where they work and have the support to meet career goals.
- Responsible for client relationships and retention, inspiring client confidence through demonstrated expertise
- Cultivate and retain client relationships to insure we are meeting and addressing client questions and needs on an ongoing basis
- Lead client meetings at all phases of the planning cycle to identify complex planning issues with client’s financial plans and offer creative solutions to help them achieve their goals
- Collaborate with wealth advisor team to prepare and provide comprehensive wealth management advice to high net worth clients through thoughtful, customized comprehensive financial plans and portfolios
- Effectively work with your team and available resources in support of our client needs to conduct research and analysis of potential client solutions
- Active participant in obtaining new clients in partnership with strategic relationships and community networks
- Commitment to continuing education and team development at all levels
- Train and mentor associates across the wealth advisory team
Skills and Knowledge
- Wealth management experience with fee-based consulting, tax, mutual funds, money manager programs, insurance and financial planning
- Depth of experience working with high net worth or ultra-high net worth clients
- Mastery of various financial planning and investment software products (eMoney, MoneyGuide Pro)
- Highly effective interpersonal, relationship management, and communication skills
- Demonstrated talent development experience, as well as training and mentoring new staff
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in a high energy environment to manage multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years’ experience working in a financial planning, accounting, legal or other organization that provides relevant experience
- Series 65, CFP or CFA required
Note: All Senior Wealth Advisors must have a clean U4 with no disclosures.
We welcome your interest in being a part of the Mariner Wealth Advisors team. We offer associates an innovative and challenging place to work with camaraderie and teamwork. We are a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial culture that respects people and values talent, experience and ambition.
*Barron’s awarded the 2020 #5, 2019 #4 and 2018 #3 Top RIA Firms rankings to Mariner Wealth Advisors based on data compiled for Mariner Wealth Advisors and the 2017 #2 and 2016 #1 rankings to Mariner Holdings based upon data compiled for Mariner Holdings’ registered investment adviser subsidiaries. The number of firms included in the rankings were: 20 (2016), 30 (2017), 40 (2018), 50 (2019) and 100 (2020). Barron’s publishes rankings based upon a number of criteria and the firms’ filings with the SEC were used to cross-check the data provided. The listing includes numbers of clients, employees, advisors, offices and state locations. The award is not indicative of future performance and there is no guarantee of future investment success. For additional information visit www.barrons.com.