The goal of the Client Services Lead position is to coach, facilitate, manage, execute and advise on a breadth of financial and non-financial activities associated with our high net worth clients’. A successful candidate in the role will be able to quickly create a trusted relationship with the client, other advisors, family members, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Services Lead Overview
· Be an active participant of a dynamic client service team, solving complex family office problems with the strictest confidentiality
· Participate in brainstorming sessions on complex client strategies.
· Manage detailed execution of tax, estate, investment, entity, etc. strategies.
· Support Accounting Analysts in client bill payment requests, ensuring timely and accurate execution.
· Facilitate and/or assist in client meeting preparation and follow-up.
· Perform cash flow and financial planning analyses, including reviewing clients’ cash, liquid, illiquid, holdings and investment allocations.
· Communicate with clients in a professional, clear and concise manner
Coordination & Project Management
· Coordinate with third parties including: brokerage firms, banks, accountants, insurance agents, attorneys, trustees, real estate agents, etc.
· Analyze, manage, execute and follow-up on cashiering requests including checks, wires, deposits, journals and ACH transfers.
· Assist with client tax planning and annual tax return preparation including gathering tax documents for clients’ accountants, processing payments of income and property taxes, and overall coordination.
· Coordinate private client loans by managing promissory notes, tracking loan activity, and providing clients and accountants with status updates.
· Manage and maintain the organization of client information within financial planning systems, CRM databases, online filing cabinets, etc.
· Work with the internal team to ensure reports and personal/business financials are accurate.
· Prepare needed forms for new bank, brokerage and bill pay accounts, obtaining signatures and following-up on account setup as needed.
· Assist with establishing various entities for clients filing/ tracking necessary paperwork related to those entities (primarily LLCs and Trusts).
· Manage clients’ private investments by preparing forms as needed, following-up on documentation, notifying various third parties, and coordinating with clients.
· Ensure timely insurance renewals and payments for clients.
· 3-8 years relevant experience. Financial or adjacent industry preferred.
· Considered an expert or the person to go to for help/questions in your field.
· Must have bachelor’s degree from a top tier university.
· High attention to detail and organizational acumen.
· Polished presence and ability to communicate clearly in person and electronically.
· Not fearful of a heavy workload (we compensate our high performers very well).
· Able to balance multiple non-congruent tasks with an eye for proper prioritization.
· Curious and always willing to learn something new.
We value your story, how you got here and where you are going. We work diligently to build and maintain the appropriate structures, tools and support for every client’s uniquely evolving financial universe, and we have a story of our own. We founded IWP in 2005 to fill a void of services that we personally experienced as clients. Everyone wanted to manage our money – no one wanted to help with the often confusing and time-consuming realities of having wealth. With more than a decade of service to families across the country, we possess the knowledge, experience, and skills that are vital to creating and managing multiple complex family offices.
To us, “family office” is not an add-on, it’s who we are!