Summary of Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Associate Planner will participate in all aspects of the financial-planning process and develop comprehensive financial plans with specific recommendations on products and services that best meet the client’s needs. The Associate Planner will serve as “second chair” in client meetings along with a Senior Planner. Develop strategies unique to each client using critical thinking and in-depth analysis. The AP will be responsible for client-meeting preparation as well as follow-up tasks internally and directly with clients. Perform other job-related duties as assigned. Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in financial planning, accounting, or finance. Master’s degree a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years investment industry experience.
- CFP (Certified Financial Planner), CPA (Certified Public Accountant), or CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) charterholder or progress towards one of these designations.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office365.
- Experience with financial software such as MoneyGuidePro and Tamarac a plus, as well as knowledge of Charles Schwab custodial platform technology.