Various locations available including:
Lincolnshire, IL, Rockford, IL, St. Charles, IL and McLean, VA
Your Role: You will assist our tax and consulting team and wealth advisors with delivering our Ideal Futures Process to clients. This comprehensive process addresses all areas of a client’s wealth management needs.
- Front-line preparation of tax returns (federal and state for individual, corporation, partnership, fiduciary)
- Clear and timely communication with clients, advisors and senior level management
- Develop and maintain client relationships by providing exemplary client services
- Assist in the scaling of the tax team by taking on increasing responsibility and numbers of clients
- Develop a command of various software used for tax, paperless documents storage and workflow
- Manage client needs and requests; attend client meetings, as needed
- Research complex tax issues
Business Services (Consulting)
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements, including bank reconciliations, payroll processing, journal entries, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of various quarterly and annual compliance reports.
- Support senior level managers and attend client meetings, as needed.
- Gather, organize, and synthesize client data and review client financial statements, tax returns, estate planning documents and all other information necessary to develop a financial plan or other various analyses
- Prepare and deliver various financial planning analyses (i.e., tax, social security, insurance, stock option, Roth conversion, and pension analyses)
The Tax Associate position typically requires the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university, with CPA or pursuing CPA.
- 0-5 years experience in tax preparation
- Pursuing or active CPA license
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification a plus (or interest in obtaining)
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as financial planning and/or tax software
- Familiarity with online and print tax research resources a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational capabilities
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Client first attitude
- A team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
Savant offers a robust benefits package including bonus eligibility, HSA employer contribution, 401k match and profit sharing potential, and more!