We are looking for an experienced portfolio manager to join our Private Client Group. The individual will work with clients to develop personalized investment solutions to work towards meeting the clients’ long-term financial goals. The ideal candidate will have an interest in and an advanced knowledge of financial concepts including equity analysis, asset allocation, portfolio construction, and investment products and themes. The role is client-facing and will require advanced knowledge of financial and economic topics. In addition, the candidate should be well versed in creating investment and financial plans and working with clients on investment management. Understanding of complex planning and sophisticated product offerings would also be helpful, including knowledge and understanding of various account types (Trust, IRA, Taxable, Non-taxable, other) as well as understanding and knowledge of the individual tax code. We are looking for someone who is curious, analytical, independent, a strong communicator, self-motivated, with high integrity and enjoys working with clients.
- Actively manage individual client portfolios including allocation across various asset classes.
- Establish and cultivate strong client relationships by working directly with clients to gather information, ask relevant questions, build investment plans, solve problems, and communicate results against shared expectations and goals.
- Create personalized investment strategies for clients – identify goals and constraints including restricted holdings, liquidity needs and tax implications. Provide advice and guidance on investment opportunities.
- Communicate with clients about their accounts, market conditions and economic trends.
- Portfolio analysis and trading on client accounts.
- Perform investment research (individual stocks, fixed income, mutual funds, ETF’s, Real Estate) and stay informed of developments in security markets to provide clients with current financial information.
- Work with team to create monthly and quarterly reporting materials for client reports, including economic and outlook charts.
- Develop new client relationships through active networking and referrals.
- Interact with tax attorneys, accountants, and other client advisors to determine legal and tax consequences of investment decisions.
- Interface effectively with senior staff of Executive Committee, Investment Management, Legal/Compliance, Operations and Sales/Marketing.