This is a unique opportunity unlike most in the financial services industry. First, our firm is completely independent…there is no broker dealer affiliation. Therefore, as fiduciaries our loyalty belongs exclusively to our clients. Second, we offer a competitive compensation structure (salary and bonus) and an equity ownership track for employees who demonstrate hard work and leadership characteristics while supporting the long-term goals of our firm. You will be a member of a collaborative and supportive team of high-performing colleagues all working hard to help us grow a successful and multigenerational business. At Rockwood, you won’t be stuck building your own book…all clients are clients of the entire firm; this is not an eat-what-you-kill position…we’re not that kind of firm.
We don’t trade much, we aren’t a product-centric firm and we don’t have a sales culture. We focus equally on our clients’ comprehensive financial planning deliverables and investment management. The right candidate is going to be equally comfortable generating an ultra-detailed financial plan and engineering and allocating a household portfolio across multiple accounts of different tax types…and then expertly communicating both to the client in a way the client enjoys the process.
If you are an aspiring wealth advisor (not a product sales person) with 0-5 years of experience, we encourage you to contact us to determine if you might be the right fit for our firm. We offer the opportunity to learn from and be mentored by the four partners of the firm, learn the business from the ground up, and enjoy freedom to help shape the future of a boutique firm.
What you will get to do:
Here is an overview of what you would get to do and the problems you would be challenged to solve if you joined our team:
- Establish relationships with our existing and new clients
- Monitor and assist with client meeting scheduling and agenda items
- Determine agenda items, build and update financial plans, goal tracking and mind map software linking all client information
- Attend client meetings from day one and compose client meeting summary letters
- Complete follow-up communication and implementation of actions that result from client meetings
- Participate in various aspects of financial plan implementation
- Join associations, groups, community organizations to give back and represent the firm in the area
Financial Planning Contributions:
- Responsible for creating new plans and making ongoing updates to existing financial plans
- Interact with various Strategic Alliances to ensure that the outside specialists are taking good care of our clients’ needs
- Engage in ongoing financial planning education. Read industry journals and present your ideas to team, be active in local and national financial planning groups, and attend seminars and conferences.
- Prepare reports and analysis for client service requests and client meetings
- Work on firm-wide projects to improve overall client deliverables and firm efficiency
What we seek in a candidate:
- Sincere commitment to the highest levels of personal integrity
- Bachelor’s degree and a CFP® designation or willingness to obtain one
- Proven commitment to the financial planning profession and process
- Must be problem solver who takes initiative and demonstrates ownership of one’s work product
- Possess a “no task is beneath my pay grade” attitude
- Specific experience working with MoneyGuidePro, Redtail, Assetbook, and Fidelity/TD/Schwab Institutional Custodian Platforms are helpful, but not required
- Show curiosity and confidence when dealing with clients and principals
- Base salary commensurate with experience plus incentive bonus plan
- 401k plan with safe harbor matching employer contribution
- Employer sponsored health insurance, dental insurance, and long-term disability insurance
- Reimbursement for CFP® exam prep course and CFP® Exam fee, if not yet taken
- Annual NAPFA membership
- Education and conference allowance