Fundamentally, we believe all investors should have access to advice and financial planning without compromise and without the high cost typically associated with these services. We help clients achieve their financial goals through proactive wealth management solutions built upon a financial plan and utilizing a rigorous investment methodology. With a focus on inspiring client loyalty and a commitment to employee engagement through career development, we support clients and employees in reaching their goals.
This position is part of a team of experts who deliver expert equity compensation planning guidance and advice to our clients. Our teams are dedicated to making a difference through the power of planning with a focus on equity compensation. We connect, deeply understand and paint a picture of what’s possible regarding our clients financial lives. As Fiduciaries, we bring expertise in equity compensation in conjunction with powerful technology to inspire clients to take action and own their financial legacies.
What you are good at
As an Equity Compensation Planner at Charles Schwab, you will partner with clients to educate, understand their goals, and provide guidance on equity compensation strategies so that they can successfully plan their financial future. As an Equity Compensation Planner you will work with clients to provide confidence and clarity regarding their equity compensation and provide actionable recommendations that will benefit and help strengthen their overall plan.
- Quickly build rapport with clients and conduct discovery conversations to better understand their financial needs.
- Partner with clients to create, review and refine their equity compensation roadmap and deliver their personalized action plan
- Provide education and answer questions from clients about equity compensation, including employee stock options (non-qualified and incentive), restricted stock units and awards, and stock appreciation rights in accordance with the Equity Compensation Advice Policies and Guidelines.
- Engage clients in conversations emphasizing the importance of incorporating equity compensation into their portfolio and financial goals with the goal of business development and retention of those assets.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be part of a team that is on the forefront of how financial planning and investment advice is delivered to clients leveraging our technology and digital capabilities
- Be part of a fast-paced environment where you will work on a highly collaborative team of 10-12 professionals with a supportive manager focused on your professional development and coaching to achieve your long-term career aspirations
- Learn from a variety of mentors, coaches and leaders that are focused on you and your career at Schwab
- Demonstrate a strong passion for equity compensation planning, understanding of the markets, empathy, energy, and problem solving while delivering unparalleled value and outstanding service to our clients.
- Uncover development opportunities to further deepen our clients’ overall relationship with Schwab
What you have
We place a premium on high performance, quality service and the ability to execute our strategy. Essential skills include:
- CFP® designation is required
- Active FINRA Series 7
- Active FINRA Series 63/65 or 66 (May be obtained within 120 day COE)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years of financial services experience with 3 years of equity compensation experience
- Passion for financial planning as a way to help clients manage their financial futures and build stronger relationships with clients
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate complex topics to clients.
- Embrace an entrepreneurial and self-starter mindset
- Able to quickly learn new technology and utilize a variety of data and systems in order to provide equity compensation strategy and guidance.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail in order to adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Open to ongoing coaching and development to achieve positive client outcomes and achieve professional career aspirations.
- Proven ability to analyze complex situations and utilize technology to ensure that an accurate plan is delivered to each client/prospect in a timely manner.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.