At Edelman Financial Engines, we believe everyone deserves to move their financial life forward.
We know that assets have the power to fund goals. Those numbers represent individual lifetimes filled with hard work and dreams for our clients and generations to follow. Our clients trust us to guide them forward with empathy, integrity, and invention. We uphold that same standard of respect and commitment for clients and colleagues alike.
Founded on the idea that financial education is a fundamental right for everyone—not just the wealthy, Edelman Financial Engines continues to grow and challenge the status quo. We’re moving forward, together. If our purpose-driven commitment inspires you, we invite you to consider joining our team!
The Advanced Financial Planning Program Manager helps provide the highest degree of financial planning knowledge and education for Edelman Financial Engines financial planners, to assure that we provide our clients the best mentorship and advice available in the industry. If you are a skilled financial planner who wants to transition into more detailed planning, this may be the ideal match for you!
- Provide expert financial planning techniques and strategies to EFE financial planners and planning teams
- Serve as a primary resource to planners with unique and advanced client cases by conducting research and providing perspective on financial planning alternatives and areas of consideration, including supporting planners on advanced planning cases within our proprietary financial planning tool
- Collaborate with Marketing, Planning, Human Resources and Compliance to deliver impactful and meaningful content to support industry changes, financial planning techniques and firmwide initiatives
- Develop, craft and implement new onboarding and field initiatives training to new hires and existing planners, partnering with the Learning & Development team
- Manage Research & Education projects and operational improvements; serve as the department lead and point of contact
- Deliver new hire and financial planning workshop training on a variety of different financial planning topics when needed
- Work with Operations and IT Departments on improving existing systems, development of new systems and deployment strategies
- Collaborate with multiple departments to review and edit written and other material we make available to the public; proactively develop communication plans on content delivery to the planners
- Develop, catalog, and maintain a financial planning resource library
- Some travel may be required
- Must be comfortable independently evaluating a situation, exercising judgment, and determining when to raise to management
- Position requires high level of responsibility regarding confidential information; must maintain confidentiality at all times
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and captures and analyzes information skillfully
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, and a proven track record to work effectively with staff at all levels
- Must be flexible and a strong teammate
- Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal direct supervision
- Attention to detail, ability to coordinate work, and follow-up skills are critical to the successful performance of position responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize, address multiple projects and meet deadlines is critical
- Detailed knowledge of MS Outlook, Power Point, Sharepoint, Word and Excel is a must
- Knowledge in all areas of financial planning including investments, insurance, retirement planning, estate planning, taxes, real estate and mortgages
- Mentor and training experience
- Minimum 5 years financial services proven experience working with clients in a broker/dealer or registered investment advisor environment required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Series 65 or 66 securities license required, or must be acquired within 3 months from start of position
- CFP® designation required
- Applicable state insurance license required or must be acquired within 3 months from start of position
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, as recognized by Barron’s,1 with 150+ offices across the country and entrusted by 1.3 million clients to manage more than $289 billion in assets.2 Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated personal financial planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
For more information, visit www.EdelmanFinancialEngines.com
© 2021 Edelman Financial Engines, LLC. Edelman Financial Engines® is a registered trademark of Edelman Financial Engines, LLC. All advisory services offered through Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA), a federally registered investment advisor. Results are not guaranteed.
For California residents, please see the link for the Privacy Notice for Candidates. California law requires that we provide you this notice about the collection and use of your personal information. Please read it carefully and reach out to Jill O’Connell (857-305-8555 or firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Edelman Financial Engines encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital, domestic partner, or civil union status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic heritage, genetic information, age, legally recognized disability, military service or veteran status.
 The 2020 America’s Best RIA Firms Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, technology spending, staff diversity, succession planning, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisors and firms. Firms elect to participate but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor experience and returns are not considered.
 Data as of 6/30/2021.