We have an immediate need for an Associate Financial Planner on our Wealth Management team. This position will be in-person at our Southfield, MI office and will be reporting to our SVP Wealth Management (SVP).
Founded in 1997, CIG Capital Advisors (CIG) is a wealth management and business advisory services firm serving high-net-worth (HNW) clients—enabling these individuals and families to focus on what is most important to them. Within the HNW space, CIG focuses on, though not exclusively, the medical profession. After more than two decades, CIG remains dedicated to understanding client’s unique needs and consistently delivering tailored solutions designed to “elevate the success” of those the firm serves.
You will be part of a collaborative culture across multi-disciplined teams leveraging best-in-class technology, refined processes, and a growth-oriented approach. You’ll be mentored and supported to advance into a lead advisor role over time. If you’re a self-starting, detail-oriented, strategic thinker with a passion for serving the varied needs of our clients, this is a role designed for you.
How you’ll make an impact
- Contribute to the preparation of recommendations for client financial plans, including entering data and running reports using financial planning software (40% of time)
- Attend client meetings with the SVP and Senior Wealth Managers (SWMs) and take detailed notes, eventually participating and taking a more active role (40% of time)
- Pre- and post-meeting engagement and follow-up with clients and their other trusted advisor relationships
- Assist the SVP and SWMs with advisory questions from clients and other client communications
- Delegation of some tasks and meeting follow up work to the client service specialists or operations
- Education: Bachelor’s degree – major in finance, accounting, financial planning, or related field
- CFP® or significant progress towards CFP. Passage of the exam preferred.
- Must be able to obtain the Series 7 and 66 licenses within 3-months of employment
- One to three years of paraplanner and/or financial planning experience
- Reside within a one-hour commute from our Southfield, MI office (this position is not remote)
What makes you a great fit
To be successful in this role, you will need to think like an entrepreneur, demonstrate accountability and accuracy, and have a problem-solving, growth mindset.
- Strong passion for helping clients and tearing apart financial plans to elevate their success
- Innate ability to build relationships by prioritizing, managing, and completing requests from multiple team members and clients in a collaborate manner
- Willingness to present your own thoughts and ideas to enhance process and strategy without expectations
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow your financial planning knowledge with a desire to face new and exciting projects each day
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy, service-minded and meticulous adherence to details
- Experience working with financial planning applications (eMoney, MoneyGuidePro, AssetMap, RiskAlyze, etc.)
- Experience working with custodians and investment management platforms (Schwab, Fidelity, Pershing, Envestnet / Tamarac, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What you can expect from us
- Mentoring within a disciplined process
- Personal and professional development and growth
- Support for continuing education
- Growing firm with a values-based culture