We are looking for a self-motivated problem solver and experienced Financial Planner to join our growing multi-family wealth management firm. You will work internally with a team of advisors to identify planning issues and opportunities, analyze strategic options, generate exhibits and statements, advise clients, and manage implementation of client decisions in conjunction with the Relationship Manager. Externally, you will partner with leading investment, tax, and legal firms to deliver a customized plan tailored to meet each client’s unique objectives.
At Lake Street, we place a high degree of value in nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to being an employer of choice. For more information about Lake Street Advisors, visit www.lakestreetadvisors.com.
The essential duties of the Financial Planner include, and are not limited to, planning, coordination,
and execution in the following areas:
- Prepare supplemental reporting and review and categorize client cash activity. Use reports to identify issues and opportunities for the clients.
- Cash, Debt and Expense Management
- Estate, Gift and Charitable
- Family Management
- Loans – Advise on tax implications and loan strategies.
- Real Estate – assist in purchases and sales, review and advise on ownership strategies, analyze and help implement leverage (via mortgages or HELOCs) if desired
- Stock – coordinate options exercises, restricted stock plans and concentrated stock sales/gifts/transfers
- Tax Planning
- Track cost basis for non-custodian assets
- Work internally with the Relationship Manager, Investment, and Client Operations teams to ensure that client strategies are being met.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on delivering optimal client service.
- Ability and desire to continue to learn and develop
- Ability to spot inefficiencies (internal or external) and work with the team on process improvements
- Minimum 2 years prior experience in wealth management and/or financial planning role,
ideally for the benefit of high net worth individuals and families.
- Demonstrated aptitude for financial planning disciplines including income taxes, investments, insurance, and trusts and estates.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/finance or a related field are strongly preferred
- Financial planning education in the form of CFP® and/or MSFP strongly preferred.
- Series 65 is a requirement of the job and is financially supported, as needed, by the firm.
- Proficiency in MS Office with a demonstrated aptitude for mathematics and Excel spreadsheets
is necessary; experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Participate in client meetings, as necessary, with possible travel (<20%).