The Wealth Planning Strategist position provides financial services and support to clients. Designs and presents recommendations to clients based on financial analysis and wealth planning expertise. Creates a client-centered, advice-based culture within the department by facilitating education on wealth planning topics and tools. Assists in identifying revenue-generating opportunities for existing and prospective clients.
- Wealth Planning - Designs and presents wealth planning recommendations to clients and prospects. Discovers potential revenue-generating opportunities related to the client's planning process. Manages wealth planning workflow process. May participate in department or Bank client events to build relationships and identify opportunities.
- Analysis - Analyzes the financial situation of clients and prospects. Identifies potential gaps and risks in their current wealth management strategies, taking into account legal, tax, and investment goals or limitations.
- Business Planning - Creates and supports a client-centered, advice-based planning culture. Assists with the implementation of Wealth Management business planning both within the department and Bank-wide.
- Business Support - Facilitates education and development events for internal partners. May provide guidance or coaching on wealth planning topics and tools for less experienced associates in the work group. Develops relationships with centers of influence in the bank community.
- Subject Matter Expertise - Develops superuser expertise and knowledge of software utilized to develop client plans including but not limited to MoneyGuidePro and eMoney. Must be adept enough to coach and train to the program's usage, illustrate capabilities live to clients or an audience (internal or external), answer questions, troubleshoot issues and manipulate the tool to create custom plans. Also develops substantive knowledge of planning and its areas (tax, business owner advisory, asset protection, estate and charitable planning, retirement and investments), serves as a bank expert and resource of knowledge and continues to maintain and grow knowledge base through continuing education and the acquisition of related designations.
Bachelor's Degree and 6 years of experience in Wealth Management including financial planning OR High School Diploma or GED and 10 years of experience in Wealth Management including financial planning
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Area of Study: Financial Planning or Trust Management
Preferred Area of Experience: Financial Planning or Trust & Estate Planning or Tax Planning
License or Certification Type: Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Juris Doctor (JD), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation Required
Skill(s): Ability to navigate financial planning software, Ability to develop rapport and trusted relationship with clients, Ability to educate and persuade clients to take planning action