Ballentine Partners, LLC, is a leading independent investment and wealth management firm headquartered in the Boston area with additional offices in Florida and New Hampshire. Our client families rely on us to be their most trusted advisor and to manage all aspects of their complex financial lives. We are a team of over 95 professionals and our firm is known as a wonderful place to work. Our compensation philosophy and team structure foster a collegial work environment. We are unusual in the financial services industry in that we believe our employees’ having a balanced life makes them better at their work. We are proud that Pension & Investments named Ballentine Partners as one of the Best Places to Work in Money Management in multiple years.
The Family Office Practice is a group within Ballentine Partners, focused specifically on clients with investable assets above $25 million. We provide objective investment and financial planning advice to our clients. We are a fee-only Registered Investment Advisor.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced professional interested in helping grow a practice within a highly successful firm. If you have strong technical investment, financial planning, and business consultancy skills as well as exceptional emotional intelligence, we would like to speak with you.
- Act as lead on client engagements with responsibility for managing all affairs of a client family in relation to their Ballentine team and their financial situation
- Design and implement innovative strategies for clients to achieve their financial goals and objectives
- Set client expectations for deliverables, timing, etc.
- Assist business owners with strategic issues
- Provide financial planning counsel to successful senior executives
- Coach client’s through process of determining their financial legacy goals
- Coordinate the activities of multiple client teams
- Train and mentor other team members
- Answer clients' questions about the purposes and details of financial plans and strategies
- Review clients' financial situation regularly to assess risks and more opportunities
- Achieve high client retention
- Serve as ambassador to the firm in business development settings, network opportunities; contribute to firms growth by earning referrals from clients and advisors
- Explain and document for clients the types of services that are to be provided; negotiate contracts with clients
- Other duties as assigned
The right candidate will be someone who:
- Ability to work effectively with senior management of family-owned businesses
- Ability to navigate complex strategic problems in family-owned businesses
- Can build teams utilizing his/her strong credibility
- Can achieve high client satisfaction in working with sophisticated clients and contribute to the strategic initiatives of the firm
- Can navigate difficult emotional conversations with clients and explain complicated technical concepts in a concise and clear manner
- Can learn new things quickly
- Can take initiative and act proactively (i.e., anticipates problems, raises suggestions)
- Can work both independently and in a team structure with a diverse group of people
- Can juggle and prioritize a variety of tasks daily
- Is highly organized with a very strong attention to detail
- Has high professional standards, judgment, and discretion
- Has strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Has excellent interpersonal & relationship skills including a positive attitude
An MBA with at least 5 years of demonstrated experience working with business executive clients is required.
Ballentine Partners offers a wide array of benefits completely paid for by the firm including dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance as well as cost sharing on medical insurance. We offer extensive time off benefits including vacation time, unlimited personal sick time, paid family sick leave, paid parental leave, sabbaticals, community time off and so much more. We have a corporate matching program as well as support certifications and continuing education for our team members. On top of all this, Ballentine is a family friendly and flexible work environment. Our culture is collaborative and built on supporting each other to grow not only the business but each other as well.
For more information on our culture please view our Impact Report.
Ballentine Partners compensation is made up of a base salary and performance bonus. The base salary for this position begins at $135,000 and is commensurate with experience. Performance bonuses are based upon company and personal performance and are paid out annually.
We will sponsor applicants for work visas.
Ballentine Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is based upon qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage applications from those who share our commitment to promoting a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive community.