Associate Financial Advisor; Full Time--Lafayette, California
HC Financial Advisors’ Mission:
“To be a trusted advisor to our clients as they pursue their vision of financial success while helping them feel secure during the financial lifetime.”
HC Financial has thrived by serving high net worth families and individuals with our unique brand of personal connection and financial planning excellence for over 35 years. As a result of our customized approach to each of their circumstances, our clients continually put us in touch with their own friends and family—by far our main source of new relationships. With this alignment of client and company values, we have steadily grown to a team of ten women and men, advising more than 250 families with over $500 million in total assets.
We collaborate with our clients on all aspects of their financial lives in an unbiased, non-commission-oriented approach, which is core to the fabric of our philosophy. We are also frequently their first call in vulnerable moments of their lives such as following the death of a loved one, a job change, the end of a relationship, or as they head into parenthood for the first time. We are not simply investment managers; we bring peace of mind and perspective through each twist along our clients’ journey.
Who are we looking for:
We are excited to hear from enthusiastic, detail-oriented professionals interested in helping HC Financial fulfill our mission with an ever-growing community of clients. Applicants should possess the ability to juggle many responsibilities and to connect with the families we advise. We have been based in the East Bay since our founding and look forward to collaborating with the right candidate for this full-time position at our office in Lafayette, California (working remotely is not a possibility in this role).
The attributes and character traits that we seek in Associate Financial Advisor applicants include:
- A strong professional background with at least 2 to 3 years of experience including completion of or significant progress toward the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation
- An ability to empathetically relate to the needs of our clients and deep willingness to serve
- The motivation to tackle a wide range of tasks
- A prioritization of accuracy and care over speed to completion
- The ability to absorb new information with an independent intellectual curiosity
- A willingness to ask questions in search of deeper understanding
- A relationship-driven problem-solver
- The desire to pursue a long-term career, working toward leading all aspects of client relationships over time
- Preference toward academic and career backgrounds in economics, finance, and accounting.
- Familiarity with financial planning systems and software including NaviPlan, eMoney, Tamarac, Junxure, and Microsoft Excel are a plus
A successful candidate can expect to interact with all members of our team from operations to senior partners with responsibilities such as:
- Directly communicating with clients in writing, by phone, and face-to-face
- Preparing financial projections and a wide range of financial planning materials to present in meetings along with a senior advisor
- Pro-actively developing strategies to identify issues our clients may face and proposing solutions to resolve them
- Helping new clients transition to our service model with comfort and ease
- Staying current on industry best-practices and bringing ideas to the team for continued collaborative excellence
- Participating in investment research meetings and supporting the Investment Committee with portfolio construction projects
- Finding opportunities to positively impact the community in ways that demonstrate exceptional levels of character
- There is no expectation that candidates will bring new clients with them to HC, nor will they be responsible for business development activities in this role.
Compensation & Benefits:
Just as you are investing your time to support our team and our clients, HC invests in our people with a competitive compensation package, generous support of educational and career advancement, and opportunities for dedicated team members with the right cultural fit to quickly expand their roles within the firm.
- Expected starting salary range of $65,000 to $75,000 based on experience
- Additional performance-based cash bonus
- Participation in 401k plan with profit-sharing employer contribution
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- Full employer-paid health coverage
- Opportunity to participate in group dental, vision, and disability insurance plans
- Reimbursement budget for educational/career expenses
If you meet the characteristics we seek and are excited about the prospect of joining our team, please send a concise email with your resume attached as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your reply, we ask that you answer the following questions; no separate cover letter is needed.
Questions—your responses should be thoughtful, complete sentences of the specified length
- What about this opportunity is the most attractive to you? (2 sentences or fewer)
- Give an example of a professional or academic accomplishment that you are proud of and why. (2 sentences or fewer)
- Describe a moment or interaction you have had that touched or impacted another individual in a meaningful way. (3 sentences or fewer)
Be sure to follow these instructions closely; there will be chances for desirable applicants to elaborate by phone or in person. Please, do not call our office; we will contact you once we have received your submission via email.
Please note: In order to protect the health and safety of our clients and employees, we do require that all candidates be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to in-person interviews.
We thank you for your time and wish you well on your search, whether or not your path leads to us.