Churchill Management Group is a Registered Investment Advisor with the Securities and Exchange Commission and an approved member of the Investment Counsel Association of America. The Company was founded in 1963 and has provided superior professional investment advisory services to a select clientele for over 50 years. With over 100+ employees, we manage $7+ Billion for individuals, trusts, retirement accounts, endowments and foundations. Churchill is also an acknowledged fiduciary under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
The Para-Planner is a growth-oriented position for an individual who aims to develop their career in the financial planning and investment management industry.
The job position provides support to the Financial Planning team and will report to the VP, Director of the Financial Planning department. This role's responsibilities include: prepare documents for client presentations, assist the VPs with ongoing client maintenance, conduct analysis of information received, generate initial modeling and scenarios, proof-read and compile client presentations, create charts and graphs, communicate and interact with clients as needed.
To be successful in this role you must communicate with team members regularly which includes coordinating tasks, work under tight deadlines, handle urgent requests, client interactions and prioritize tasks on a daily basis.
This position will temporarily require the candidate to perform all job functions while working remotely from home with the expectation that sometime in the future they may be required to report to work from our office in Los Angeles or Tustin, CA.
- Work directly with the Financial Planning team prior to client meetings to finalize meeting prep and research client service or planning issues.
- Input client data into financial planning software, construct and update financial planning analyses, and identify issues and opportunities to share with the Financial Planning team.
- Data entry includes financial goals and retirement analysis, Social Security income, education costs, charitable planning, insurance details, stock options and income expense cash flow reports.
- Research various financial planning questions.
- Meeting preparation and follow-up with client needs including working directly with team members to gather all required data, prepare analyses, and follow up on delivery of analyses to clients.
- Work directly with the Financial Planning VPs post-review meeting, to implement any action items and follow up research and/or communication regarding post meeting action steps.
- Compile, enter, and monitor CRM workflows related to client financial planning requests.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with Financial Planners and Advisors throughout the planning process to ensure that financial planning analyses are completed accurately and promptly.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- General understanding of financial planning topics (investments, retirement, Social Security, tax, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills, multitasking, accuracy and meticulous adherence to details required.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with client service mindset.
- Eager and self-motivated to learn about the financial planning and investment management industry.
- Efficient in research, troubleshooting, task management, and follow up.
- Professional and courteous demeanor with team-player mind-set.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Annual Salary Depends On Experience
Benefits Package: 401k, Paid Holidays and Time-Off, Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
*The employer will consider employment qualified applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.