Lead financial planners are members of our multi advisor team, working under the direction of the Director of Financial Planning. You will work directly with our physician clients and help to lead and develop the associate financial planner assigned to your team.
Unlike nearly every other financial planning firm, lead financial planners are never required to “sell”. Not only do we not sell products but 100% of your time will be spent working directly with clients and helping them achieve their goals.
Depending on your experience, this position will be offered to join the PWS team as either a level 1 or a level 2 lead financial planner.
- Prepare and/or present to clients their financial plan and other recommendations to implement their plan
- Creation and modeling of different possible financial scenarios
- Proactively review, monitor and make recommendations and changes over time to clients financial plans
- Answer client questions and concerns correctly, effectively, and timely
- Monitoring and developing the associate planner assigned to your team. Assigning, analyzing, and reviewing the associate planner's work, providing professional and useful/critical feedback to foster their growth.
- Providing input, analysis, counsel, and advice on:
- Setting up proper account types for asset location and allocation as well as strategies on how to minimize taxes within various accounts
- Personal real estate strategies including rent vs. buy, mortgage payoff, sell vs keep, rent out vs sell, etc.
- Retirement projections with various scenarios
- Non-managed liquid investments (401k, pension, self-directed accounts, etc.)
- Client’s trust document (if applicable) while being able to read, summarize and understand any restrictions on beneficiaries. Also including optimization of titling and beneficiary designations to minimize estate complexity and/or taxation
- Account opening, trading, and rebalancing
- Obtained CFP designation (desired not required)
- 3+ years of experience of comprehensive financial planning advice directly to clients
- Must be productive in a virtual work environment
- Display effective communication skills
- Above average ability in time management and organizational skills
- Comfortable recording and presenting your recommendations via video
- Ideal team members for our office culture will have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated, and have collaborative and interpersonal skills; the desire to continue to learn; fast learner/catch on quick
- Able to balance researching for an answer and know when you need to just ask the question
- Comfortable with our tech stack (Google, CODA, Zoom, etc.)
- Ideal team members for our office culture will have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated, and have collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Know how to say you don't know without decreasing client confidence and team members
- Clear and capable solution-focused communication and proper listening techniques
- We provide you with the tech, you provide a suitable home office environment (good background, not noisy, good lighting)
- This position will require two evenings a week to be accessible for client calls (meetings ending at 8 pm pacific)
- Able to tell your story