Company: Chain Bridge Bank, N.A.
Position: Wealth Advisor / Financial Planner
Chain Bridge Bank, N.A., a national bank located in McLean, has opened its new Trust & Wealth Department and seeks an officer to develop its financial planning and wealth management practice. Our national charter for fiduciary services ensures we put our clients’ interests first, a mentality built into the bank’s culture. Chain Bridge takes a broadly diversified, passively managed approach to trust and client investments in order achieve for clients their fair share of market returns. We need an officer that will provide sophisticated planning, delivered in a professional manner, to ensure that clients have a roadmap, an appropriate allocation for their investments, and full use of internal and external resources to achieve their objectives.
As fiduciaries, wealth management is provided on a fee-only basis and includes ongoing financial planning for high net-worth relationships. Clients may also pay for financial planning as a stand-alone service. All bank employees are paid a salary, and share in the same bonus pool at the end of the year that focuses on overall bank performance. This promotes a warm and collaborative atmosphere, with an emphasis on doing what’s right for the client and for the bank.
- Provides technical planning and investment expertise to clients, department staff, organization employees, and centers of influence.
- Promotes and participates in business development efforts individually, in cooperation with others in the Department, and by working closely with other areas of the bank.
- Serves as the primary contact financial planning and wealth management clients, and collaborates with other officers for setting investment objectives for trust accounts.
- Initiates regular client communications via telephone, e-mail, in writing, and in person. Exercises independent judgment in resolving client inquiries and responds to client requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains knowledge of the client’s financial planning and investment needs and objectives. Takes appropriate action as warranted due to changes in (a) client situation, needs, or objectives, (b) changes in the legal or regulatory landscape; or (c) economic situation.
- Adheres to Departmental policies and procedures involving account pre-acceptance, administration, and review. Regularly reviews the client relationship and account documentation to ensure it is complete and accurate.
- Certified Financial Planner designation, or working towards CFP
- Investment and/or Trust business development capabilities/experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional work environment
- Thinks practically and quantitatively in analysis/evaluation.
- Resolves problems and takes calculated action to make decisions within a business context.
- Communicates ideas/knowledge in a convincing way that gets results.
- Maximizes unique talents and knowledge and demonstrates engaged performance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with MoneyGuidePro or other financial planning software preferred
It is expected that each employee:
- Abides by current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Complies with established operating policies and procedures in order to maintain adequate controls and to support the Bank’s adherence to outside regulatory requirements.
It is understood that complying with all applicable safety and soundness and consumer compliance laws and regulations, taking the annually required consumer compliance courses, and adhering to the policies and procedures that facilitate compliance will all be factors considered when evaluating individual performance. Individual performance is rewarded in annual salary adjustments.
Bank compliance with laws and regulations is a factor considered in the calculation of incentive compensation. The ratings that the Bank receives from its regulators and its auditors are factored into the annual incentive compensation calculation. Your adherence to these laws and regulations and the policies and procedures that support them directly affect the Bank’s compliance. Annual incentive compensation rewards team performance. An employee will not be eligible for incentive compensation unless he/she takes the consumer compliance courses required of all employees and all the required consumer compliance courses for his/her job description or job responsibilities by the end of each calendar year. All required consumer compliance courses for the applicable year will be outlined in the Compliance Management Program posted on the intranet.